Windows Server 2003 update problem?

Sungaisu

Limp Gawd
We recently just restarted our server at work, as it was shutting down it was doing updates. During one of the updates (I don't know which one) It took hours to finish, I don't know how long since we all where sent home because we can't do anything without this up.

I came in today and one of my co-workers told me that the Server was off finally and he tried booting it back up, and now it's stuck on the Boot Screen for Windows Server 2003. I had a similar problem early in January and it had to do something with Windows releasing a bad update, I don't know what the people did to fix it (Local repair shop), but we would like to avoid the hundreds they charge to fix something that seems simple.

Before one or two people recommended to take out one of the two OS HDD's to help rebuild the array. I haven't tried this yet, but do you think I should?

Anyone have any ideas?

Info:
It's running Windows Server 2003 R2
Dell PowerEdge 2900 I Tower
Windows SQL 2005 Standard edition

I have a few CDs that came with the server labeled,
Dell Systems Management Consoles
Dell Service and Diagnostic Utilities
Dell Installation and Server Management (Bootable CD)
Dell PowerConnect 2000 Series Switches
Windows Server 2003 R2 installation CDs
SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition CDs

Running a very similar setup here and all updates are installed with no problems. I did a quick search and asked some friends that are in the outsourced IT business and they haven't had any reports of recent bad updates.

Also it's not that you are paying them to fix something simple but instead you are paying for their knowledge of what to fix and how to fix it.

Good Luck!

-snip-

Finally got it to work. Rebuilt the Array and everything is fine. Thanks for the help Dokument.

Last edited:
Back