Windows Server 2008 basic networking help

daedal

Gawd
First time using Windows Server 2008 R2. I can't seem to get networking down. My Hyper-V guest machines have no eth0 adapters (I'm installing Crux Linux in this case) and I can't seem to figure out why. I've added it in the 'Hardware' tab, but is there anything else?

I'm running the Server off an old HP box that only has a single NIC. Here's a screenshot of the config:

UjG2u.png

Am I missing anything here? Is there anything I should have installed or configured?

Running linux in Hyper-V requires the use of "Legacy Network Adapters" instead of the normal Network adapter. In the settings of the VM (with it shut down), remove the Network adapter, and add a "Legacy Network Adapter". Reboot. If it recognizes it, you're golden.

Running linux in Hyper-V requires the use of "Legacy Network Adapters" instead of the normal Network adapter. In the settings of the VM (with it shut down), remove the Network adapter, and add a "Legacy Network Adapter". Reboot. If it recognizes it, you're golden.

Argh! That was it! Thank you, man! I've been working on this for hours and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I couldn't add a Legacy adapter. I owe you a beer.

Back