Wintv pvr-usb 2 w/ remote. Software Options

justin82

Limp Gawd
What options do I Have to use my WinTV PVR-USB2 with its remote? Im looking for software like meedio or something that has a whole multimedia menu where i can navigate it with remote to watch dvds or tv. Anything like this exist?

I would highly suggest checking out SageTV then, they have a 15 day trial for you the try out. No you don't have to use that remote, I never did like the old Huappauge remote myself, I do like the layout and the feel of the MCE remote so I would suggest getting one.

justin82 said:
What options do I Have to use my WinTV PVR-USB2 with its remote? Im looking for software like meedio or something that has a whole multimedia menu where i can navigate it with remote to watch dvds or tv. Anything like this exist?

Erm, meedio exists and would let you do everything you described (TV, dvds etc.) Mediaportal would be the free option.

Sage will let you watch dvds iirc, while you would need to get BeyondTV and BeyondMedia to do TV and media.

Windows MCE is another option for you.

IanG said:
Erm, meedio exists and would let you do everything you described (TV, dvds etc.)

Yea meedio was the one I knew about I was just gonna get some options and choose the one that suited my tastes best. Thanks for the input, mediaportal look pretty nice

Back