WinXP SP2 won't install

t-readyroc

Gawd
SP2 will begin to copy files over, but then installation will stop when it tries to copy pchsvc.dll & installation fails. I've tried to update 3 times now; twice over the network after I unpacked the download.exe to our file server, & once locally just by running the download.exe. I've downloaded the .exe twice as well.

Furthermore, during installation, a window pops up from my systray telling me that $MFT is corrupted & to run chkdsk. I've run chkdsk twice on reboots & it hasn't found anything to fix.

Anyone know what pchsvc.dll is or what it does?

t-readyroc said:
SP2 will begin to copy files over, but then installation will stop when it tries to copy pchsvc.dll & installation fails. I've tried to update 3 times now; twice over the after I unpacked the download.exe, & once locally just by running the download.exe. I've downloaded the .exe twice as well.

Furthermore, during installation, a window pops up from my systray telling me that $MFT is corrupted & to run chkdsk. I've run chkdsk twice on reboots & it hasn't found anything to fix.

Anyone know what pchsvc.dll is or what it does?

That is what you get i guess for trying one of those kazzza / torrent copys .. :D

Back