wired internet + wireless access point

allen1090

n00b
So i just got myself a new PSP slim and im trying to setup a wireless connection for it. I just have a regular wired connection.
Im trying to use the built in wifi on my P5k to use with my PSP, but I can only have one connected at a time
ex. if I enable the wired connection the psp wont connect and if I enable the wireless the PSP can connect but cannot obtain an IP since the computer isn't receiving a connection any more

I hope that made some sense, if not just ask and ill try to explain better

internet.png

I missed a question in that post- but here is what I notice.

#1- Going through another computer. You'll always run into problems here.
#2- I would get a cheap Access Point and plug into the router (or try sticking yours in the router- although I don't know what kind of device it is).
#3- Getting something to that router is key- as then it is an "always connected" device and doesn't require settings on the computer.
#4- You are a Sony fan.

basically I want both, wired and wireless on at the same time, which doesn't seem to work.

1-before I had the router I used my dual onboard lan for the other computer.

2- I don't really want to spend much as the wireless would only be for the psp
2-2-Its an antenna that plugs right into the motherboard.

3- my computer is always on. see 2

4- yes I am, thank you :p

I think that is more of a problem with your wireless device... Might have to ask the company about that one.
Not knowing how it works I couldn't even suggest why it is doing that.

well somewhat of an update.

I found out how to enable both at once. I had to disable the Realtek Lan and enable the Marvell Yukon within the bios.

So heres my new problem

Using the "Asus wifi ap solo" program I have it set as an access point. On my psp I can connect to the access point, but I cannot obtain an IP.
Right now im just trying to get it to work without encryption

Back