Wired MX1000.....well.....close...

LunchboX3904

[H]ard|Gawd
Came upon this little beauty

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826202001

Anybody used one? Looks good on paper. Actual Laser mouse, 1600dpi, 7 buttons, looks comfy. Could this be our alternative to the MX1000 in corded form?? Obviously it's not gonna have the build quality of a logitech product, but this might be something to look into instead of the basic MX1000 vs. Diamondback vs. MX518 argument.

P.S. just found the blue version here

dee-vee said:
Looks like they ripped off logitechs design.

well maybe if logitech was smart enough to make a wired version of the MX1000, then i might feel sorry.

LunchboX3904 said:
well maybe if logitech was smart enough to make a wired version of the MX1000, then i might feel sorry.

I felt dissapointed when Logitech didn't make the MX518 a wired version of the MX1000. I personally like the feel of the MX1000 more than the 500 series.

Sorry to get off topic, but do you guys really have problems with the mx1000's wireless connection? I guess I'm not ultra picky or anything, but I haven't had any problems with either basic things like browsing or gaming.

That does NOT use a laser, it's fake. A store my friend works at stocks them, they are just LED w/ CMOS sensor, like any old optical mouse.

If you want something that uses a UV laser, like the mx1000, get the mx1000, it's the only one. That mouse is an inferior product.

runbird05 said:
Sorry to get off topic, but do you guys really have problems with the mx1000's wireless connection? I guess I'm not ultra picky or anything, but I haven't had any problems with either basic things like browsing or gaming.

In gaming I have. I can feel the lag in it. Plus its somewhat erratic at times. I've tried a couple different ones and every driver released for it over a 5 month period with no improvement.

I no its the mouse, because it I turn mouse smoothing all the way up, its a noticably better. Overall though, I couldn't take the erratic behavior of the MX1000. I notice it on the desktop too, its just there its not important enough for me to care. For awhile I had it hooked up with my MX510. I'd just switch them out when I was playing games. I decided to say screw it and I just use a MX518 now.

tommo said:
That does NOT use a laser, it's fake. A store my friend works at stocks them, they are just LED w/ CMOS sensor, like any old optical mouse.

If you want something that uses a UV laser, like the mx1000, get the mx1000, it's the only one. That mouse is an inferior product.
that's what I suspected. Thanks for clarifying.

I haven't personally used an MX1000 (i want to), but my friend has an MX700 and I can't stand it. It just feels sloppy. I'm not saying the MX1000 is the same way, but I don't think it would suit me too well. I have felt one at bestbuy, and it's borderline heavy for me.

tommo said:
I'm not entirely sure this is correct. I've read at least a half dozen reviews of this mouse and no one seems to say anything about it being an LED instead of a genuine laser. Newegg lists it as a laser mouse and there's "laser" all over the packaging. Do you have anything to back this up aside from anecdotal evidence?

CybrStuff said:
I'm not entirely sure this is correct. I've read at least a half dozen reviews of this mouse and no one seems to say anything about it being an LED instead of a genuine laser. Newegg lists it as a laser mouse and there's "laser" all over the packaging. Do you have anything to back this up aside from anecdotal evidence?

All of those dodgy chinese manufacturers call them laser mouse. Why do you think they put "laser" all over the packaging? Look at the damn CMOS sensor on the bottom view, it's nothing like a real laser mouse. It has exactly the same layout as a regular cheap optical mouse.

Do you not remember when optical mice were the rage and loads of manufacturers and noobs called them "laser" mice? Maybe in your world you call anything with a bright LED light source "laser", but the person interested in buying this mouse wanted a clear answer. Don't give me that anecdotal evidence BS.

LunchboX3904 said:
I'm not saying the MX1000 is the same way, but I don't think it would suit me too well. I have felt one at bestbuy, and it's borderline heavy for me

I suggest lifting weights. Start with 5lbs. dumbell's and work up from there.

News Flash. It's a mouse it's not heavy!

I seriously don't understand why people keep saying that. To each their own I guess. :cool:

Fixed ;)

I've just made a big mistake. I am probably wrong about it not being a laser. I'm sorry for getting angry when I was challenged. D'oh. :eek:

I guess it doesn't look too bad. This is a pretty nice review. It shows the mouse off nicely and shows off the software . This mouse is a rip off of Logitech's stuff though. That program launching sofrtware is almost a direct rip from Logitech's mouse wheel software fom a couple years back, not to mention the shape is strikingly similar.

http://www.thetechzone.com/?m=show&id=296

I have to throw this out there (and have to hope that I don't get shouted down for it):

Most people (or those who I've talked to at least) do not really know what a 'laser' mouse is. They think that it's either a high-powered version of an optical mouse, or a more focused red beam. They don't actually realise that a true 'laser' mouse is an invisible UV laser. And I seem to have forgotten where I was going with this... oh yeah. So it's easy to sucker people into buying something that isn't really what is advertised. Okay, I'm done.

hmm, i think this is going to be my next mouse

i got a basic logitech mouse now, 2 buttons + wheel and i broke my wheel by slamming it too hard and the device that detects it when it spins broke. I use the wheel so much while browsing internet. I need it.

Black Ghost said:
I have to throw this out there (and have to hope that I don't get shouted down for it):

Most people (or those who I've talked to at least) do not really know what a 'laser' mouse is. They think that it's either a high-powered version of an optical mouse, or a more focused red beam. They don't actually realise that a true 'laser' mouse is an invisible UV laser. And I seem to have forgotten where I was going with this... oh yeah. So it's easy to sucker people into buying something that isn't really what is advertised. Okay, I'm done.

Yea and I believe this mouse is actually a laser, that's what the specs say on newegg.com, and I didnt bother to read them. This mouse can track on clear glass.

I just ordered mine off newegg, i cant stand not having a mouse wheel. Should be a nice upgrade from a basic 2-button mouse.

tommo said:
Yea and I believe this mouse is actually a laser, that's what the specs say on newegg.com, and I didnt bother to read them. This mouse can track on clear glass.

I'd like to see that. I have the MX1000 and a glass desk and have to use a mousepad because the MX1000 can't track on glass.

Also, this looks like it has an illuminated ring around the sensor. The MX1000 does not have this. Wonder if that's more evidence its a standard optical and not LASER mouse.

i use a microsoft wirless desktop combo that costs $40 and it is awesome, and this is coming from a guy that does almost nothing but game with his machine. I honestly dont see how the wireless connectivity of the mx1000 could be "bad" when much cheaper mice working off similar tech work just fine

ramuman said:
I'd like to see that. I have the MX1000 and a glass desk and have to use a mousepad because the MX1000 can't track on glass.

Also, this looks like it has an illuminated ring around the sensor. The MX1000 does not have this. Wonder if that's more evidence its a standard optical and not LASER mouse.

Yeah I really don't know, but reviewers say it's laser, I'll take their word for it.

My mx1000 crapped out on me the fist month i had it.
Then my logitech cordless optical mouse decided to be gay too.

Now i am finally happy with my Razer diamondback plasma L.E, because it is a fine piece of machinery, unlike logishit.

:eek:

wesquaz said:
My mx1000 crapped out on me the fist month i had it.
Then my logitech cordless optical mouse decided to be gay too.

Now i am finally happy with my Razer diamondback plasma L.E, because it is a fine piece of machinery, unlike logishit.

:eek:

Did you RMA your logitech mice? Logitech pretty much has THE BEST customer service on the planet and they would of replaced them with working units.

Back