Wireless 360 controller on pc?

That controller is just a 360 controller knockoff. You'd have been better off just getting the real thing.

Yep, the reason everyone recommends the 360 controller is because its the 360 controller, not a knock off. The build quality, and geometry is what makes it a fantastic controller.

Received my black Xbox 360 controller on Friday.
It came with a black dongle that reads Microsoft.

For device longevity, Is it better to leave it plugged in 24/7 or to only plug it in when needed?

Received my black Xbox 360 controller on Friday.
It came with a black dongle that reads Microsoft.

For device longevity, Is it better to leave it plugged in 24/7 or to only plug it in when needed?

From what I've heard the device will die faster if you have the controller on all the time. Just pull out the batteries for a second to shut down the controller. And obviously it is better to pull out the receiver if you use the computer a lot but don't play.

I got my un-official dongle today and I can finally play Dead Rising 2 with a gamepad. Wouldn't work with the wired for whatever reason.

That controller is just a 360 controller knockoff. You'd have been better off just getting the real thing.

i didnt want the real thing, i already own three of those for my 360. i looked at one at the local Gamestop the other day and it looks very solid and appears to have the same shape as the MS ones, it is an officially licensed product. i also like the LED effects. those are a few reasons i bought it

I just went from a USB 360 controller to a wireless dongle and couldn't be happier. I also ordered the dongle from Amazon and its the official black one. I downloaded the latest driver from Microsoft and it has been working like a charm.

Also, I bought this from ThinkGeek

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/e2d2

Its a 7 port USB hub that has individual power switches for each port. Its awesome! I turn it on when I am gaming, then switch it off after my session.

:cool:

this Afterglow AX1 is beast on Windows 7 x64, picked it right up, plug and play in Hawx, great deal, build quality is very good honestly. You can turn the leds off if it bothers you. Was worth $30

Last edited:
Why is everybody talking about taking out the batteries?

I had the official receiver/controller and the controller turns itself off after like 10 minutes of inactivity. I had the same batteries for 6 months and never took them out of did anything to turn it off.

That 39.99 Black 360 PC version is now gone! Doh. If you guys see the same deal again, please post it.

I have had my dongle for over three years and it still works fine. I actually got it for around $14 at target too.

Back