wireless kb mouse choice

darkpaw

2[H]4U
Ok, I did a lot of searching here and on the avs board, but ended up mostly with a lot of conflicting information. What I'm looking for is a decent wireless mouse/kb set for my HTPC (hopefully around $100 or less, but price isn't the primary concern) that works reliably at a distance of 10-15 ft. I've already tried a few of the cheapy sets like the Logitech 510 and ended up returning or selling them since the range/response sucks.

I was looking into some bluetooth sets due to the range, but have read they tend to have lag issues with the mice specifically. I do some light gaming on my setup, so not really sure about that.

Being baby resistant would be a big plus.

Anyone with a similar setup got some good suggestions?

I got the M$ wireless entertainment desktop 7000. Its great for HTPC use, and the mouse is high dpi laser tech or something. The range isn't spectacular despite being Bluetooth. Maybe the M$ transceiver sucks, I dunno.

I don't use it for gaming but if I did I came up with a plan to improve response, this would work for any wireless set. I have a 25ft USB cable and hub in a box somewhere in my basement. I was going to run the cable along the side of the room and hide the hub/transceiver under an end table or my seat.

I haven't tried this yet because I don't really use the mouse enough that it bothers me. But its an option for you to consider.

i do not have it, but i would love to try the logitech dinovo mini or dinovo edge.... either would be nice for a 10ft interface.

I use a logitech bluetooth keyboard and a G7 mouse on my table when i need to... but primary input device is the remote...

Back