Wireless Setup

brendon2020

[H]ard|Gawd
I was asked to put to put together a wireless network, now i haven't seen the house yet but its a town house thats 2 floors. They've got 2 laptops that they want to use anywhere in the house, then the pc's in each bedroom should be connected as well. Now they've just got a pc in their office thats connects to the net, only pc that does currently.

I'm thinking of going with belkin's pre-n router for $95, now i'm almost certain they aren't worried about ping (gaming), but i'll confirm that later.

Would doing a pre-n setup be overkill? The router is pretty cheap but the notebook card is about $84 and the pc pci card is $112 (its the notebook card with a pcimia pci connector). Should i go G or is the range on the pre-n model worth it? BTW those prices are from newegg.

I'd def go with Pre-N/MIMO. Matter of fact, every wireless network I'm deploying is Pre-N...why bother with "Hmmm...I wonder if G will do it?" Why leave the question? Pre-N isn't much more money these days, and it works that much better! I don't want a phone call saying "I can't connect from <this> room"...do you?

I wouldn't call it stupid it depends on the user if they are realy going to take advantage of the card. With my D-link i brought a 2x2r card aldo because I knew I was going to need it instead of my old 54g pci. Its up to you wil they need it :confused:

Silent1 said:
thanks for the quick reply, i was browsing newegg and did not consider non-belkin network adapters (for notebooks and pcs). Belkin's pre-n cards are expensive, are they worth it or is that the standard price?

Here is the wishlist i'm putting together,
http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/WishList/WishShareShow.asp?ID=1832680

Is it stupid to not use belkins network adapters with the belkin pre-n wireless router?

Let me give you a quick hand here. Definately go Pre N.

First go to the coupon, add it to your cart.
Coupon

Next, add the Belkin Pre N pci adapter card.
PCI adapter card

Notebook adapter.
Notebook adapter.

Thirdly, add the Belkin Pre N Router.
Router

The coupon should simply take off the amount after you add your 2 items, if not, just change the amount of routers to 2, and refresh your cart, and then change the amount of routers back to 1.

Back