Wireless through HD

I have also found that the type of security settings your wi-fi connection uses impacts the lag. Obviously, we all care about the security of our wi-fi, however there is a comprimise to this.

I (now) use cat5 in full gigabit and streaming is never a concern. When I was using my wireless N, stutters would occur. I played with the buffer in windows media player and in haali, however this did not completely solve the issues. After messing around and accidently turning off all security I received no stuttering. I played with the different security settings before coming to the conclusion. If you are bent on using wireless, I would turn down encryption to the lowest setting, and attempt to use that. You may even have to go with one of the earlier forms of WEP. Of course, this is still with N band as it is the only equipment I have used and tested this theory.

After all this, I would only recommend a wired network. My new house was lucky enough to come with cat5 run throughout the house and a simple switch upgrade gave me gigabit throughout.

Is English not your first language? Just curious... I note grammatical and spelling errors.

Second, it should work fine if you're stream just one 1080p. Depends on the distance, and computers themselves though. If you're getting full or near 48-54Mbps you're only going to use about half of that to stream over it. At most.

Sorry, but I found it humorous that you were questioning his English, but you went on to say, "...should work fine if you're stream just one 1080p." Stream-ing, perhaps. Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Back