Wireless USB point-to-point

Little help please.

I am an old ethernet kind of guy... just to give the youngsters perspective.

Anyway, my wife bought me a nice little "executive" micro-stereo system. It also has a usb cable connection that allows me to use the PC as the source. In my office [hospital president by day / closet FPS gamer at night] it really isn't possible for me to run a cable from the PC to where the micro-steroe system is.

Is there a way to make a wireless USB connection? Bluetooth? I simply need usb connections without the wire in between. No networking, just the connection,

Sounds simple, but nothing ever is...

Any help, clue, signal, whatever, would be appreciated. And remember, this is in my office at work. At home I could sove this problem easily by running a USB down one of the many cable chases built into the house. Hell I guess I should be happy that my wife thought enought of my addictio.. er hobby to buy me such a nice system for work. Now if I could just get her to see the benefits of twin 6800 ultras on the SLI board...

I think you might be out of luck. Unless you could somehow set it up as Infrared, but I think that would involve some coding...

Otherwise, you could get a SFF machine and sit it next to the system, have it be the source, and wireless network it to your main machine, where the storage is. But then again, you said NO networking....

Thanks for the help guys.

I guess I could wait...

...but I have 675 employees so one of them is just going to have to put in a shelf near my desk! heh, being the boss has some advantages! :)

I just hate it when tech fails me...

A good job and in a beautiful part of the country...lucky SOB ;)

Back