Wireless + Wired network Mix Issues :(

ratbird

Limp Gawd
well let me just show you the diagram of the actuall thing i have setup...
networkcrap.jpg

The problem i have are with the 2 computers (running xp pro)
I would like for them to get their internet connection from the the wireless access point in the office were these computers are located. The problem is with the conflicting wired network that shares the printer and files between the 2 computers.
In order to be able to go online through the wireless AP i need to disable the NIC, if i need to print something or share some files i need to disable the wireless card.
The only time ive noticed the internet work was when i disabled DHCP on the linksys router but then i still cant print. any tips?
im really frustrated btw :(
THANKS!!

Can't you put the printer in the room where the netgear wireless router is and just print from there. It would eliminate the linksys router.

Or just run the printer from one of the computers and just share it with the network.

Just a few suggestions.

well the cable between the office and the modem is 100 feet around and through a window. so it would suck running up stairs everytime i printed something

ALSO i forgot to mention that that printer is connected to one of computers and the computer itself is running as a printer server basically, but i need them to share files :confused:

Well by making the 2 computers get the internet from the wireless AP, you should already be sharing your printer and files through the AP in the office, so no need for the linksys router.

So Modem --> wireless router(laptop)-->wireless AP-->2 computers and the printer connected to one of the computers, so whats the need for the wired router?

nas82 said:
Well by making the 2 computers get the internet from the wireless AP, you should already be sharing your printer and files through the AP in the office, so no need for the linksys router.

So Modem --> wireless router(laptop)-->wireless AP-->2 computers and the printer connected to one of the computers, so whats the need for the wired router?

hmmmm alright, gonna attempt just that tomorrow then
i just didnt want to make everything depend on the wireless connection...idk for security purposes...? heh

Well just for future reference or maybe i might have to do it this way...
is it possible to actually make that work?
Thanks a lot for your help and that suggestion that should most definitly work

Back