Witcher 2 free from GoG, and more

Good stuff.

I've had Witcher 2 since release but haven't really played it much. Planning on playing through it before Witcher 3 comes out.

How long does it take to get through the game? Thank you for the heads up.

You can choose which platform when you get the game?

Sure, as long as you choose the PC version.

Honestly, if you haven't already picked it up on Steam when it's been 80% off, what are you even doing with your life?

Isn't CD Projekt who is the developer of the Witcher games and the people behind GOG one of those publishers we want to support verses, oh say, Electronic Arts and Ubisoft?

I'm interested in The Witcher Adventure Game, although I'd probably go for the tabletop version. Looks like it might be similar in setup to Talisman.

One playthrough will probably take about 40+ hours, but I highly suggest playing through twice. Game has almost completely different second chapter depending on the side you choose. So I`d say it`s about 60 hours total, maybe bit more to see everything plot related and such. There are also more variations depending on your choices all up to the endgame, but you will see it once you get there.

I'm by no means an expert in the series and I didn't 100% the game with all sidequests. Steam says I have 31 hours logged into it for a playthrough.

I still have to finish the original The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut, but I bought The Witcher 2 (which is now upgraded to the Enhanced Edition!), simply because I wanted to support CDPROJEKT. Now I'm happy to report that TW2 and the upcoming TW3 will both be released on Linux! This is the kind of company that is doing it right, and the chance to get The Witcher 2 for free is fantastic. If you haven't played the first one, pick it up as well and give it a play first - its mechanics are a bit more clunky some say, but the story and experience is worth it.

I also have yet to beat the First Witcher. I got as far as a field with some
golems in it and was struck down by lightning.

Didn't pick it back up, regrettably.

Is the "strong sexual content" at all rewarding? I don't want to see some guy's naked butt for hours on end.

I just completed collecting my "coupons" and got the 2 free games but wondering if I can use the cd-keys to activate thru steam? I looked around on GOG.com in my account settings and games but cant find the cd-keys, can anyone help?

There are no CD-Keys. GoG prides itself on being DRM free, which includes no Steam integration.

You download the installer and install the game. No activation or DRM of any kind.

You remember when you could go the store and buy a game and go home, install it, and play it without any hassle? That's all it is.

There are no CD-Keys. GoG prides itself on being DRM free, which includes no Steam integration.

You download the installer and install the game. No activation or DRM of any kind.

You remember when you could go the store and buy a game and go home, install it, and play it without any hassle? That's all it is.

I remember those days, and what I remember most about them is having to hunt around manually downloading and installing patches - and in many cases where there were 4 or 5 patches you had to install in the correct sequence (1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, 1.2.5, etc) rather than one cumulative one. I do not miss those days.

Its great that GOG is sticking to their ideals but the other edge of that sword is they don't really have many games besides their own Witcher series. None that most people would have heard of anyway. Its great for Indies but the AAA's or even AA's aren't there and at the rate its going for them, never will be.

Most people don't seen to get hung up enough on the whole "DRM is evil" thing for it to matter.

Last edited:
I remember those days, and what I remember most about them is having to hunt around manually downloading and installing patches - and in many cases where there were 4 or 5 patches you had to install in the correct sequence (1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, 1.2.5, etc) rather than one cumulative one. I do not miss those days.

I think it's crazy how I hadn't even remember this used to be a thing. Goes to show how small (important) details can be overlooked so easily.

Thank you for clarifying this for me.

I'm replaying this for the alternate acts right now. Act 2 is supposedly entirely different depending on your choice at the end of Act 1. It will also be a nice update on the story before The Witcher 3 is released. Really enjoyed this game the first time, and have enjoyed my replay so far (just finished act 1).

Its great that GOG is sticking to their ideals but the other edge of that sword is they don't really have many games besides their own Witcher series. None that most people would have heard of anyway. Its great for Indies but the AAA's or even AA's aren't there and at the rate its going for them, never will be.

Most people don't seen to get hung up enough on the whole "DRM is evil" thing for it to matter.

I don't disagree with you DPI in any sense. Losing a CD was a pretty crappy situation to be in.

I wasn't trying to be an apologist in any sense either direction. Just trying to best explain what GoG is.

In addition to that, I find it a bit annoying that people are fast to ignore GoG because it doesn't offer Steam keys.

Back