WMP video stream problem

Noodle Boy

Limp Gawd
Wow....for some reason my computer is unable to stream ANYTHING on windows media player. Whenever I try to play videos on gamespot, WMP says "connecting" for a split second before going to "ready". I try clicking the play button, yet the same thing happens. "Connecting" then "Ready" then nothing. Can someone PLEASE help me because this problem is REALLY bothering me :mad:

When i click on error details it says "WMP cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the OPEN URLdialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example: http or rtsp)". The videos worked before I don't know what happened to make it NOT work.....I'm at wits end here.

i also am having this problem. although my error is:

'Windows Media Player cannot play the file. If the file is on another computer, verify that you are connected to the network. If you typed a path, verify that it is correct. If the problem persists, the server might not be available."

it's gotta be a problem with my router or something. im on a wireless connection. can someone help me out?? Please, i'll be so thankful

Back