Won't let me in the bios after post.

Reza

Limp Gawd
Hi guys, i was messing around with my e6600 over clock on my 680i and after i moved to water my temps were great but i left my overclock at 3.6ghz stable by turning up only the FSB. But i got the "How far can i push it" itch after reading old e6600 680i overclock threads.

So i go about the bios pushing volts and FSB for my chip and now its not booting into windows, its giving me a mix of error codes on the board. I've check out all the codes but nothing is helping. I would just go back in to the bios and set it down again but thats the problem, after the post no matter how many times or how quickly i press the delete key it won't let me into the bios.

the error codes its giving are

75 Detect HDD - IDE device detection

86 Reserved

89 Setup ACPI tables - Setup ACPI tables

I've switched my HHD's sata port and that didn't really help.
sometimes it makes it all the way to FF but never boots into windows.

So if anyone can help me out here i would be super grateful. Even if you could tell me how to reset all the clocks with out getting into the bios that would be great. Thanks ahead of time!

try clearing the CMOS jumper. That would revert everything to stock. Check your manual on where to locate it on the board.

Thanks, totally forgot about that. But i got it working before i had to do that. I realized that the batteries in my keyboard died right when i was starting to adjust things!!! I feel silly, i ended up using a wired keyboard then i figured it out.

Back