Woo just built my first ever PC

ReNeGaDe*

Limp Gawd
never realised how annoying the wiring can be :p Now all I have left is a new keybaord and mouse and I'm waiting for a new monitor on friday. Oh well, still many things left to do (such as sorting out the wiring) but being able to play doom3 and far cry for the first time is amazing :eek: So thanks to all the [H]ers out there, without these forums I couldn't have done it :)

Congrats.

Wiring? I see what those ppl in case modding do with wiring and I cry!

I will just never get that!

Have fun :D

the most time consuming wiring are those damn little leads that go from the reset/power/speaker to the motherboard

but they are getting easier thanks to color coding =)

Dreaz said:
the most time consuming wiring are those damn little leads that go from the reset/power/speaker to the motherboard

Yeah, on my first build, I didn't know what the hell those were, so I didn't plug em in...

Then I wondered my power button didn't work... lol :D :(

Dreaz said:

rofl. Same thing here. Eventually I realized that almost all motherboards have those little pins labeled.. Too bad they were seperated a little further though for people with bigger hands like myself. ;)

it would be so much easier if the case makers and the mobo makers got together and made a standard jack for the power button, reset, leds and all that.

congrats on the new rig, sounds like a killer.

i'm proud of my wiring.. i just dont have a long enough ide cable sometimes, but its in the back and hardly noticable

Congrats on your first build, and welcome to the dark side.......:cool:

I remember my first build - about 200+ later, it's still a relief when you get the BIOS splash screen telling you that more is right than is wrong with things......:D

Have fun - B.B.S.

If the thing doesn't turn on, make sure you check the PSU...and make sure its not set to 220v...I remember back in '95 when I did my first build, I couldn't figure out what the hell the problem was for 2 days. Anyway, good luck, hope you enjoy the system!

Back