twelveparsex

[H]F Junkie
I've got 2 rigs up and running right now

an i5 2500k sandy bridge, z68 mb, radeon 6850, 16GB ram
it cranks out pretty close to 200 results/day on average

the i3 2130 ivy bridge, h61 mb, integrated graphics, 8GB ram
cranks out roughly 25 results/day on average

is this normal? both are set to utilize 100% of CPU time and cores

It is most likely that your 6850 is using the GPU for cranking out the results unless you disabled it. That's why you are most likely seeing such a difference.

It is most likely that your 6850 is using the GPU for cranking out the results unless you disabled it. That's why you are most likely seeing such a difference.

you beat me to it, but you are absolutely correct, als0 that is nearly identical to my 6850's output

OP depending on settings, if you have ever tried using that computer when it is crunching a GPU unit it will be very sluggish

i barely hear the GPU fan when wcg is running but the instant i start any game the fan speeds up instantly

i barely hear the GPU fan when wcg is running but the instant i start any game the fan speeds up instantly

i cant really say as i dont understand completely how things work, but i have noticed the same thing. my 6850 is highly overclocked and even as i keep an eye on the the 5650 in my laptop they both dont generate the same amount of heat in WCG as they do in games even though they are being used at 90%+ by the WCG client

but i can guarantee that your gpu is being used as even a highly oc'd 2500k cant complete that many WU's in a day

High number of wu doesn't mean a squash, it could be all borked with 0 point.

High number of wu doesn't mean a squash, it could be all borked with 0 point.

true, that didnt necessarily cross my mind, but then i also would think that the question being asked here would be along the lines of "why am i not getting points in WCG even though i am doing a lot of wu's?"

but even so OP make sure you are getting credit for your wu's under result status (check for errors, invalid and aborted in the drop-down)

Back