World In Conflict

QFT, that was probably the best cutscene i've ever seen in a game. bioshock was great, but if WIC doesn't win game of the year honors i'll be disgusted. it has the graphics, the gameplay, the story, and i have a good feeling i'll want to play it over again so it has the replay value which is something bioshock lacked (for me at least). it'll take the pc GOTY easily IMO but i have a feeling halo 3 will win overall game of the year, its just obligatory :rolleyes:

Maybe you'd be right if the year was just about over... but if all the rest of the games, including Unreal Tournament III hit before the end of 2007, WiC doesn't have a chance in hell of landing GOTY.

Maybe you'd be right if the year was just about over... but if all the rest of the games, including Unreal Tournament III hit before the end of 2007, WiC doesn't have a chance in hell of landing GOTY.

Bioshock will win that, I put money on it. WiC is not universally liked especially by the end users. Gamespot gave it 9.5 the users rate it 8.7

Bioshock will win that, I put money on it. WiC is not universally liked especially by the end users. Gamespot gave it 9.5 the users rate it 8.7

I agree...The story line behind Bioshock is great. It takes a certain kind of player to like WIC. I frankly get bored with it after a while. But then again I prefer FPS's.

Nah, I don't see Bioshock being bigger than Crysis, Hellgate: London, Half Life 2 Orange Box (this is going to be GOTY for PC, bet on it), Unreal Tournament III, other stuff I can't think of.

All the buzz surrounding Orange Box already will definitely make it GOTY for PC, just like Halo 3 already wins GOTY for the 360.

what reslution?

I got basically the exact same numbers at 1680x1050

Yep, your intuition is correct its 1680x1050, sry I forgot to mention that.

Edit: How do I run/bench the game in DX9 mode in vista? I saw only one tick for DX10 in video options.

Nah, I don't see Bioshock being bigger than Crysis, Hellgate: London, Half Life 2 Orange Box (this is going to be GOTY for PC, bet on it), Unreal Tournament III, other stuff I can't think of.

All the buzz surrounding Orange Box already will definitely make it GOTY for PC, just like Halo 3 already wins GOTY for the 360.

QFT

Anyone whom is having performance problems with World in Conflict with a 320 MB GeForce 8800 GTS, please PM me your system specs.

Thanks in advance!

---

Also, I don't think the Orange Box itself is eligible for any sensible GOTY award, as it is not a single game, but 5* games. That is not to say that TF2, Portal, or EP2 are not eligible for it, though.

(If you count HL2, Ep1, and Ep2 as separate games)

I must say Stalker is the GOTY for me without a doubt. It was a pleasant change to be treated as a adult gamer for a change - no multi-platform dumbing down. Brilliant stuff.

I must say Stalker is the GOTY for me without a doubt. It was a pleasant change to be treated as a adult gamer for a change - no multi-platform dumbing down. Brilliant stuff.

For me it was one of the most immersing games of all times, but it suffered from major technical issues.

Anyway, WiC is great, in terms of gameplay - superior to Bioshock IMO. Bioshock started to get boring after the 1st half of the game and I've finished it only because of the good story. WiC was one hell of a ride from start to finish, also the story was really interesting for me.

Anyone whom is having performance problems with World in Conflict with a 320 MB GeForce 8800 GTS, please PM me your system specs.

Thanks in advance!

---

Also, I don't think the Orange Box itself is eligible for any sensible GOTY award, as it is not a single game, but 5* games. That is not to say that TF2, Portal, or EP2 are not eligible for it, though.

Mark - are you experiencing similar issues as me in WiC. Sudden slowdown in DX10?

screen0003.jpg

Nah, Orange Box counts, Episode 2 and Portal are the single player, TF 2 is the multiplayer, in retail you have to buy them all together as a package so technically it counts for one game.

GOTY awards will be like "kudos to Valve for giving us not one, but three awesome games for the price of 1!!"

Nah, Orange Box counts, Episode 2 and Portal are the single player, TF 2 is the multiplayer, in retail you have to buy them all together as a package so technically it counts for one game.

GOTY awards will be like "kudos to Valve for giving us not one, but three awesome games for the price of 1!!"

you can buy them separate each individually off steam.

back on topic:

Wes do you have every option enabled in that screen shot? even the shadows from clouds option?

you can buy them separate each individually off steam.

back on topic:

Wes do you have every option enabled in that screen shot? even the shadows from clouds option?

Yes and no. Shadows from clouds is a DX10 option only. Since I'm only running DX9c, shadows from clouds is not enabled. Everything else is enabled and set to the maximum.

I have everything enabled to the max and dx 10 but I don't really have any time to look at anything because there's always this darn war going on that has me preoccupied.

I do love taking in those opportunities where you can sit back and watch the b-52 come in and carpet bomb the crap out of everything though.

Since Bioshock averaged better reviews I think as of now, that would be game of the year for the PC. To be honest, my favorite game of 2007 is World in Conflict; it is a masterpiece, best graphics, best online multiplayer game, best just about everything.

Jsut DL'd the demo, and did the tutorial. Very cool game, and awesome controls. After the last step in the tutorial (bringing in airstrikes, artillery etc) I just kept blowing the little base into the dirt and watching the effects. :) Explosions FTMFW!

Anyone running 7800gts in SLI? Curious to hear how the game looks and where the settings landed. The demo looked pretty secksy on the default settings in the tutorial.

I'll be playing with the details tonight some more, because this stupid job thing is interfering with my playtime. ;)

zv

Did anyone else think firing the Missouri's guns was like the greatest thing ever?

Yeah, it was game over for Ivan after utilising the ships guns, good fun. The guns became available quicky so you could get multiple explosions going. The audio is also impressive when zoomed in

Back