World of Warcraft - 6 Crits

FoxhoundOp

[H]ard|Gawd
So, last night I was doing ZG with a pug, and we were doing the pulls just before Hakkar. I was chaincasting a Soul Flayer and noticed that they were all critting. 5 crits in, my mouth was on the floor. On the 6th crit, I pulled aggro and ran around for a bit and died after not getting any heals. I'm a level 60 mage I have ~9.5% crit chance from gear.

6crits1mf0.jpg

6crits2uo0.jpg

Lol Nice, we just did a full run in ZG as well! I have a 12.68% to CRIT and haven't been that lucky.

How well you all do and Jindo? We wiped the first time (do to the damn shades) but the second time we changed strategy (since we had hella DPS) and we just straight DPS'ed Jindo down not even worrying about the totems.

Get locks, enslave imps, jindo dies.

nice luck on the crits there to bad it wasn't on a boss or pvp.

Viper16 said:
Lol Nice, we just did a full run in ZG as well! I have a 12.68% to CRIT and haven't been that lucky.

How well you all do and Jindo? We wiped the first time (do to the damn shades) but the second time we changed strategy (since we had hella DPS) and we just straight DPS'ed Jindo down not even worrying about the totems.
We didn't do Jin'do unfortunately. A lot of people said that they wanted to do Jin'do after Hakkar and when we finished Hakkar and got loot distributed a bunch of people left. I doubt that group could've done it anyways. A lot of people didn't even know how to remove curses without Decursive. :rolleyes:

Danith said:
Dude, you wiped in ZG lolz
:rolleyes: :p ;)

Unfortunetly it was late at night and everyone wasn't very focused on the fight. we ran ZG with only 17 ppl.

FoxhoundOp said:
We didn't do Jin'do unfortunately. A lot of people said that they wanted to do Jin'do after Hakkar and when we finished Hakkar and got loot distributed a bunch of people left. I doubt that group could've done it anyways. A lot of people didn't even know how to remove curses without Decursive. :rolleyes:

Do jindo before hakkar next time that keeps people there a lot of times. Bring 3 locks to enslave those mad imps and have a healer on each and everyone else killing totems you will down jindo in no time. Trying to burn him down or killing the shades takes to long and fails way to often.

We never decurse on the Jindo fight. do you all? was this a PuG btw?

Since I am a Mage I always get stuck doing the skelly duty.

FoxhoundOp said:
this is a good way to make your healers leave

I had a fun time in ZG the day after the patch.

Everyone was playing with new specs and we had a Marksman hunter's pet MT every single fight cause none of the warriors were protection(this was because the pet made more aggro than the warriors could with sword+board). Best thing is that pets cant be mind controlled :D

What gear is that? All marshall stuff? Tryin to gauge your damage since it is pretty low.

Seelenlos said:
Do jindo before hakkar next time that keeps people there a lot of times. Bring 3 locks to enslave those mad imps and have a healer on each and everyone else killing totems you will down jindo in no time. Trying to burn him down or killing the shades takes to long and fails way to often.
I wanted to do Jin'do before Hakkar and protested against doing it after but the majority wins (or the healers anyways). BTW, I've done ZG until my eyes bled, I know how to fight Jin'do :p

Viper16 said:
We never decurse on the Jindo fight. do you all? was this a PuG btw?

Since I am a Mage I always get stuck doing the skelly duty.
It's not the Jin'do fight itself that I'm worried about the decursing on. It's the pulls before it where everyone gets this curse that makes them take a shitload of physical damage.

DermicSavage said:
I had a fun time in ZG the day after the patch.
What gear is that? All marshall stuff? Tryin to gauge your damage since it is pretty low.
http://ctprofiles.net/1686001

BTW, when did almost 2k crits with frostbolts (on a mob with no CoE up and with no trinkets, no arcane power) become pretty low damage?

EDIT

Keep in mind, guys, that this was in fact, a PUG, a random group of people on the server who said "YES" when someone asked if anyone wanted to go to ZG. Most of them didn't even have much raiding experience.

2k crits isnt alot when all the mages you run with are in choice pieces of bwl, aq, and naxx gear. although most ended up being fire for OMGZ ROLLING IGNITES PEW PEW OMGZ AGGRO HEALZ PLS!!!111

Danith said:
Dude, you wiped in ZG lolz
:rolleyes: :p ;)
its easier to wipe in zg than mc or bwl (well except certain fights)

some of the trash there is very unforgiving.

Martyr said:
its easier to wipe in zg than mc or bwl (well except certain fights)

some of the trash there is very unforgiving.

Only if you suck imo

It's pretty hard to wipe on any trash really. Even the trash in naxx aint bad unless you actually try to kill yourself. Except for maybe the surgical packs before Patchwerk, those take a bit of work to kill.

we didn't wipe on the trash, we were at Jindo, and we had him down to 25% and alot of the healers were already gone due to the shades rapeing them. So we just called it a wipe so that we could get back up and kill him.

We mostly use ZG to gear up alts and lowbies IRL friends who have joined us.

We do Jin'do first. Go the backward route across the waterfall. Jin'do - Arlokk - Ghazranka - Thekal - eom - Bloodlord - Marli - Venoxis - Jeklik- and of course Hakkar.

Jin'do is clarly the most challenging in there, so we knock out the hard stuff first while everyone has still got their game on, as it approaches 11pm, we are doing easy mode bosses.

I may have to suggest that to our raid leader next time. makes sense! but i better watch out asking him, he has TF :D

I have done atleast 6 crits in a row before, probaly even a few more during some crazy runs, but my crit isnt that high though. <3 mages

This thread scares the hell out of me.

I've never played WoW nor hardly any other MMORPG and figured WoW was as good a place as any to start, but goddamn I don't understand what half the words are in each post in this thread.

LOL... crit?

Blue Falcon said:

I've never played WoW nor hardly any other MMORPG and figured WoW was as good a place as any to start, but goddamn I don't understand what half the words are in each post in this thread.

LOL... crit?
awww c'mon, if you've played a RPG you should know that....it stands for "critical"

I was OTing Maexxna and I was ripping her a new one. I was critting with nearly every attack and WF was going off constantly. I ended up pulling aggro around 75%. I also pulled aggro at around 40% in a later fight.

Blue Falcon said:

LOL... crit?
yeah, i suppose looking at this from an outsiders view

So, last night I was doing ZG with a pug, and we were doing the pulls just before Hakkar. I was chaincasting a Soul Flayer and noticed that they were all critting. 5 crits in, my mouth was on the floor. On the 6th crit, I pulled aggro and ran around for a bit and died after not getting any heals. I'm a level 60 mage I have ~9.5% crit chance from gear.
might put off some people. i could pull some choice threads from the wow forums you would swear is nsa code. such a strang slang of old tabletop games and rts strategies.

Once you hit lv 66 four crits in a row will be commonplace with Frost Nova and Ice lance.Six normal Frost bolts in a row is crazy though I must say.

P.S. to the WoW noob.The game is quite beginner friendly(the ~7 million subs should be a tip off).At a casual pace it would take a new person several months to progress into a raiding level character.You'll pick up the lingo as you go.

Back