Worlds 1st HD4800 series 1GB card

Interesting but it would maybe make more sense with a 4870?
Any benchmarks yet?

Is it me or does the art on these heatsink covers get fruitier and fruitier... What happened to just plain red or black plastic?!

Lol you right. My old x1650 heatsink cover i had last year was queer. I wish there was a company who made custom covers for cards.

What's it matter? You can't see it when you're playing, it's towards the bottom of your case and facing down anyway?

What's it matter? You can't see it when you're playing, it's towards the bottom of your case and facing down anyway?

True, but I would rather buy a basic red cooler then have one with a CG girl on it :p Heak, I'd almost have rather have anything than a CG girl... RL ftw.. maybe Playboy should start making video cards, and putting some playboy models on the heatsinks... :p :D

True, but I would rather buy a basic red cooler then have one with a CG girl on it :p Heak, I'd almost have rather have anything than a CG girl... RL ftw.. maybe Playboy should start making video cards, and putting some playboy models on the heatsinks... :p :D

RL? Just cut and tape pictures from magazines?

RL? Just cut and tape pictures from magazines?
It sounds like a nice way to have to explain to your wife/girlfriend how your videocard hit 80 degrees Celcius in a game, ignited the Playboy pictures you glued to your videocard, and burned the house down last night.

Umm are some of you guys forgetting that the there will be a 1GB GDDR5 4870 version.:confused:
If this card isnt for you then don't get it. Don't judge it without any benchmarks. The 4850 is a pretty good card way faster than the 8800GT and on par with a 9800GTX. It truly shines at resolutions above 1680x1050. The extra 1GB will definitely help at higher resolutions with higher textures.

If this can be considered a low end card, this is the best low end card release ever. Beating last years single GPU champ 9800GTX is just sick.

I'd buy it over a regular 4850 just for the dual slot cooler, although I imagine we'll see 4850 512MBs with dual slot coolers eventually.

lol some of you guys have some issues if you are annoyed with having a picture of a girl on a video card, i for one think its pretty cool

If im having a female on my video cards, they better be almost or fully undressed =p

Edit: AND ASIAN!

I'm pretty much resigned to having a fruity androgynous CG character on anything made in Asia at this point.

At least it's not Hello Kitty.

I like the dual slot cooler..........my next card will be dual slot cooling as well. heat removal> than loosing a PCI slot

Is the 4870 GDDR5 coming out July 7th or Monday?

sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask. >.> I'm getting impatient to see comparisons.

I don't really care what the card looks like, but since I am a female, I would prefer a man rather than a girl, thanks. ;) Remember boys, the gals like video cards too.

:confused:I have not yet seen any review/test that showed ANY gain from 1gb cards over 512MB versions at the same clock: the 8800GT, the 8800GTS and the 38xx do NOT benefit from 1GB memory even at 2560x1600.

MAYBE 1GB bring a bit more estability to 2560x1600 with 8xAA; for example my 8800GT 512MB can't run 3DMark06 fullspec without crashing to an "insuficcient memory" error: the point is that to benefit from more memory the card must use it, and the only way that i have found to have an "insuficcient memory error" is runnig at 2560x1600 with 8xAA, and that only happens with 3dMark06 and The Witcher.

I can infere with great confidence that the 4850 wont gain anything from 1GB even at 2560x1600 (not enough memory bandweight to use the 1GB fully); but the 4870 with 1gb DDR5MAYBE faster, but that only at 2560x1600/8xAA or above.

The truth is that after 4 years videocards are begging to show the muscle to move 30 inchs monitors, but not quite so yet...Crysis is still not playable on ANY setup at 2560x1600 8xAA:(

:confused:I have not yet seen any review/test that showed ANY gain from 1gb cards over 512MB versions at the same clock: the 8800GT, the 8800GTS and the 38xx do NOT benefit from 1GB memory even at 2560x1600.
I, for one, would love to know if this included multi-GPU situations. Especially with regard to microstuttering.

If im having a female on my video cards, they better be almost or fully undressed =p

Edit: AND ASIAN!

Yup, if one was to fit a women with breasts and butt it would make for a wide cooler that might have trouble fitting in some smaller cases. Definitely for a slim cooler design they should go with an asian woman.:cool:

Is it me or does the art on these heatsink covers get fruitier and fruitier... What happened to just plain red or black plastic?!

My VisionTek 4850 has a clear, red cover which is nice because you can clearly see the massive chunk of copper.

I was kinda thinking most just slap a WB on them and put the old plastic cover they had on them back in the box and then toss it in the attic :p

The 1GB is more for future games than current ones. I wonder how much free memory people running 32bit OS' with 4GB RAM see with one of these in their PCs. Less than 3GB?

Back