worm drive hose clamps

kipling100

Weaksauce
Ok, I have a really stupid question. How the heck do you use these worm drive hose clamps? The one with the little screw on the top? I unscew it, it pops open, and I can't seem to get the end back underneath the screw. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

I found the easiest way to use them was to never fully undo them. I slipped them around the tubing before putting the tubing on the connectors :)

If you already have the worm drive clamps in your hand, Erasmus354 has the answer, but if you don't have them yet, I found these to be far superior to the worm drive. They are less destructive to the hose physically and they hold very securely. I ran a WC rig for over 2 years without a leak using these. :cool:

Clamp.jpg

thanks for the replies...

Yeah, once it pops out, I can never seem to slip it back under the screw...I'll prob stick to the plastic ones. Thanks for your help guys

worm drive clamps will chew up your hose something fierce.

those plastic danger den clamps are the ticket. Performance-PCs has them by the bucket load, so does frozencpu. I think they're cheaper at performance.

always slide the clamp on the hose end before attaching it to the barb. much less hassle.

I like the metal ones more than the plastic ones. damage to tubing isn't a problem, since if I need to remove the clamps, I tend to replace the tubing too.

For those metal clamp users -- any tips for getting the metal band back under the screw after it pops out?

If you already have the worm drive clamps in your hand, Erasmus354 has the answer, but if you don't have them yet, I found these to be far superior to the worm drive. They are less destructive to the hose physically and they hold very securely. I ran a WC rig for over 2 years without a leak using these. :cool:

Clamp.jpg

Those are herbie clamps bro. I use only herbies (black color) now because they look better IMO and are much less of a pain in the ass. They provide 100% adequate clamp power for a water loop.

Slip the clamps on before attaching the hose.

But is there a good way to "rescue" a clamp that is already undone? I've been trying for an hour to get the end back into the screw part, and I really think it is impossible.

But is there a good way to "rescue" a clamp that is already undone? I've been trying for an hour to get the end back into the screw part, and I really think it is impossible.

Its kinda tricky, you actually push the end toward the screw while turning the screw the loosen direction. The end will "click" in one slot, then you start to turn it the correct tighten direction. You need to push the free end pretty hard.

Sounds wierd, but worked for me.:D

Yes I completely unscrewed them my first time playing with them too, I used some pliers to guide it back to the screw part, and then used a screwdriver to tighten the screw. Just have some pressure at the loose end, and then when you tighten, it will click and catch it back on.

Thanks for all your tips -- I was able to get the clamps on all of my tubes. I found bending them into ovals helps a lot. Anyway, thanks again

Back