would a klipsh speaker system or corsair sys sound better that my csw?

ellover009

[H]ard|Gawd
would a klipsh speaker system or corsair sys sound better that my csw? Been using a cambridge soundworks system i got from my boss a few years ago, he decided to downsize and got a 2.1 set, he switched 2 of the speaker so i got the 7.1 but he switched 2 of the smaller ones for 2 of the 7.1 set. I am considering making more space so woul the klipsh i think 3.1 soukd better or the new corsair 2.1 system.

I also got a new pc case, if i get one of the new creative cards will it use the short pci-e slot that really short in the first mobo slot? Will it improve from mu xfi plat reg pci card?

I've had my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 since early 2010 and I love it. Best Buy sells them for $150 MSRP but usually once every month or two they'll have a sale for as low as $115.

I also got a new pc case, if i get one of the new creative cards will it use the short pci-e slot that really short in the first mobo slot? Will it improve from mu xfi plat reg pci card?

The Titanium HD will go in the short x1 slot. Yes, the sound quality is better.

Another big up for Klipsch. I have had a set of ProMedia 5.1's for 10 years and they still kick ass.

Another big up for Klipsch. I have had a set of ProMedia 5.1's for 10 years and they still kick ass.

+1, Wish they'd get back into the PC Audio market. Great sound cards, lack-luster speaker setups, anymore.

l really think you should give the Corsairs a try. The ProMedia 2.1s made these days are not the same as the ones made a few years ago, especially when it comes to build quality.

I bought a pair from Best Buy in 2007 for 99.99, which blew last year so I got the 119.99 deal from Best Buy. The sub was missing the "control panel" and was ton lighter, as well as the satellites. The sound quality seemed similar, but less hard hitting. In fact it blew within 2 hours of use, I returned it and bought the Logitech z-2300 instead, not fully satisfied with them, but it's good enough for now.

Also this is the post I made in 2007 about the Klipsch 2.1s, hopefully it helps.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1248500

Cambridge Soundworks speakers were good. I wouldn't bother migrating to another set of computer speakers. If you want a proper step up, get a home theater receiver and some passive speakers.

I have a set of Promedia's built in 2008 and a set built in 2011 and they are exactly the same. I love them both, the one set is in my shop and gets played at 75% power all the time those are the newer ones. I use them three or four times a week for 12+ hours.

Which Cambridge 7.1s?

If it's the Gigaworks then they are better than the Klipsch Promedias. Not sure about the Corsairs.

Im using the ProMedia 2.1's as well, and I have absolutly no complaints regarding them AT ALL! +1 for the Klipsch!

I've head the new Corsairs next to old and new Klipschs and the Corsairs do not even come close. Trust me on that. I also think you have your answer here as well just reading the few posts.

I will try and explain the Corsair appeal and that is basically, the brand name is so trusted that in the case of their new speakers, a lot of people want to believe they are really a great product. They aren't. They are simply average to slightly above average. I am sure when it comes to warranty work, you will find Corsair above average. In terms of gaudy chrome plastic and eye melting blue LEDs, again, Corsair is smart enough to steer their speaker design away from that. A LAN center I visit several times a week has a pair of these Corsairs and they basically got shut off in favor of turning the Klipschs back on as the main set of speakers used to play music when there aren't many customers.

Words that come to mind are, power, punch, depth, clarity and sharpness that the Klipschs have over the Corsairs.

BUT ..... knowing Corsair ... they will improve their speakers going forward. Time will tell.

The best thing you can do is pick of a pair of Klipsch 2.1's used off eBay for around $100 - $120 shipped. That seems to be the average price.

Also, as far as Klipsch getting back into the PC audio market. If that happens. Expect bad bad things. Klipsch was recently sold and is know a chinese company. The brand name was bought to bleed profits. Very common practice these days.

Last edited:
thumbs up for megaworks and klipsch. if you want, you can try upgrading the satellites first. the RSX-3 from the Klipsch iFi is far better than the satellites in Klipsch Promedia 2.1.

Had the promedia, loved it and the sound so much, that I upgraded to klipsch bookshelves, so you know my suggestion :p

I lent my promedia to a friend, and he still uses it to this day (its been years at this point).

I have no experience with corsair, but after seeing the suggestions int his thread, it seems the answer is pretty straight forward.

Just got the Corsair's and I absolutely love them. I can't speak for longevity as they haven't been out too long. But as far as sound quality I personally think they're better than the Klipsch sets, as does my uncle who's been listening to his promedia 5.1's for 7 years.

Honestly I'm not to impressed with the klipsch ones. The sub is really sometimes lacking but the highs are good. I think for flat out sound and power the corsair but for better upper range the klipsch...

My pair of Promedia 2.1s just died on me a month ago after 6 years of service, and to be honest, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair again.

I've had my Klipsch ProM 2.1 for about 7 years and they are still rocking. Only person who can say which is better though is someone who has spent time listening to both and even then that is subjective. Best to go listen to both yourself if you can and then decide.

Back