Would like a upgrade from a Swiftech Apogee GT

hank123

Limp Gawd
Got a Q6600 running and with the weather warming up its harder to keep it cool. Have a Swiftech Apogee GT. Any point in getting a different block?

Got a Q6600 running and with the weather warming up its harder to keep it cool. Have a Swiftech Apogee GT. Any point in getting a different block?

Yeah, I second that question quoted above about what's a good choice in WB's for replacing a "bowed" Apogee GT. (for cooling a Q6600 G0 CPU) I'm not overly concerned with the weather warming up because summer is approaching where I live and I have a portable AC if it gets too hot. ATM I have 2x external WC'ing containers that sit on the window sill and keep my boxen pretty cool 24/7 DCing. :)

I do have a couple of "bowed" Apogee GT's that I've been thinking of replacing (not because they're failing me, but because, like most computer geeks (nuts), I'm always lookin' for a little edge for keepin' my electronics cool :rolleyes: . Both WB's are fed by 1/2" tubes, one has a MCP350 w/XSPC top and the other has an "old school" whining Corsair D4 that I got from PTS a while back. I replaced a MCP350 (no top) with the D4 and converted the loop to 1/2 inch tubes. I'm pretty happy with the D4's added flow (it might make noise, but with my pump box being external I don't hear it if it does, I read a lot of posts saying it whines or something :confused:)

Please someone enlighten me and the dude above :confused:. Is the XSPC Delta V3 CPU Acetal i7 WB any good for the Q6600 G0 CPU (it's cheap like me, plus I've had good luck with their top) I found one for like $40 smackers online. :D If it ain't "worth the powder to blow it to hell" what about the GTZ, the D-TEK FuZion V1 and V2 or any WB's out there. I know I might be spinin' my wheels a little using the Q6600, but I kinda' like my Kent and about all I use the boxen for is DCing with F@H and WCG, playin' with graphics and "surfin' the Net" :p

Thanks for any advice :D

DCing for the CURE

IMO, I think you're probably going to get a few degrees difference at most with a newer block like the GTZ or Fuzion v2. Even less if your GT is bowed. With multiple blocks in your loop, you're better off getting a bigger/better rad or another rad in series.

an upgrade to the GTZ may improve your temps 2-4C, but what is the rest of your setup? adding or replacing a radiator may give you more of a temp decrease than a block upgrade.

Back