Would this work decent on a 24" LCD?

It depends on your resolution. The link listed above is played in 1024x768 res. A 24" is gonna have alot higher.

It depends on your resolution. The link listed above is played in 1024x768 res. A 24" is gonna have alot higher.

That's a good point.

For everything else you are doing, the X1650Pro and 24" monitor would be fine, but for gaming, the native resolution of a monitor that large is going to require a more powerful card than what you are looking at.

I will probably end up playing at lower resolutions than max.
Just looking to get me buy for awhile.
Spending the money on a monitor now and will do a system up grade later.

I will probably end up playing at lower resolutions than max.
Just looking to get me buy for awhile.
Spending the money on a monitor now and will do a system up grade later.

Keep in mind that at non-native resolutions, the image is going to have to be scaled to fit the monitor. This doesn't usually look the greatest.

Keep in mind that at non-native resolutions, the image is going to have to be scaled to fit the monitor. This doesn't usually look the greatest.
I'm hoping to get a monitor that does 1:1 pixel mapping that should take care of that

x1200 not 1080. 1080 is just resolution of a full HDTV.

24" screens though play full HDTV content . 20 and 22" have native resolution of a 1680x1050 and can't play in real size full HDTV resolution. Though work with less GPU power.

MD

If you want to play BF2 at any decent speeds, look for a used 7900xxx level card, either on rebate or used here on the forums.

Seriously, it'd be impossible to reach native res, let alone any AF or AA, with that card... And still get framerates over 30fps.

I think everyone is forgetting to remind you that BF2 can't be played at any widescreen resolution (unless you're a hacker). So you're looking for a card that can do regular 4/3 resolutions like 1600x1200 (on a 24" for example) which I think that card will do just fine. You won't have the settings maxed out but you're still ok IMO. You'll be playing BF2 in a window or box if you get 1:1 pixel forcing or stretched all here to there if you don't get 1:1 pixel forcing.

Edit: also you can see my specs below. I play BF2 just fine with max settings 40 - 50 FPS most of the time.

Not to sound like an ass, but that would be kind of stupid to play 1024 x 768 on a 1920 x 1200 native monitor. That would defeat the whole purpose of having the monitor in the first place. Now, I can understand where you would be coming from if you played a dirt old game like Starcraft or the Diablo series. Which only supported 640 x 480 & 800 x 600. Dunno how you got the 24 inch monitor if your looking to skimp on the video card but if you are short on cash, I would recommend that you hold off until you can buy something better than that.

Not to sound like an ass, but that would be kind of stupid to play 1024 x 768 on a 1920 x 1200 native monitor. That would defeat the whole purpose of having the monitor in the first place. Now, I can understand where you would be coming from if you played a dirt old game like Starcraft or the Diablo series. Which only supported 640 x 480 & 800 x 600. Dunno how you got the 24 inch monitor if your looking to skimp on the video card but if you are short on cash, I would recommend that you hold off until you can buy something better than that.

I'm in agreement here.

I think everyone is forgetting to remind you that BF2 can't be played at any widescreen resolution (unless you're a hacker). So you're looking for a card that can do regular 4/3 resolutions like 1600x1200 (on a 24" for example) which I think that card will do just fine. You won't have the settings maxed out but you're still ok IMO. You'll be playing BF2 in a window or box if you get 1:1 pixel forcing or stretched all here to there if you don't get 1:1 pixel forcing.

Edit: also you can see my specs below. I play BF2 just fine with max settings 40 - 50 FPS most of the time.

I guess that makes me a hacker?
http://www.widescreengamer.com/articles/widescreen_gaming_how_to_set_up_your_video_card.html

I decided to go with a 22' monitor instead, fits my desk better and saved some money.

Not even close. That link will provide you zero help getting BF2 to play widescreen. You can stretch that 4:3 image all day long if you please, that doesn't make it widescreen, that makes it a very ugly 4:3. Without hacking you will not get BF2 to play 16:9 or 16:10. You will only get it to play 4:3.

Exactly my point, and why I said that you can't adjust the FOV settings.

Back