WOW : 2.1 Patch notes - very significant changes

anyone read the general forums cuz it's fill with whiners with some "I quit" people. It's like this every patch.

Can't wait for the changes to rogues. Would like to know how significant the changes to glancing blows will be, could be a massive boost (not that I need it :p).
Link to my Armory

warriors in pvp are a bit of a problem

Are you kidding me? Warriors in PvP are almost useless, I should know I have a 70 warrior. As protection spec you basically do no damage at all, and have no magic resistance (except your auxiliary gear which most likely will not be equipped). You pose very little threat to anybody. As an arms or fury warrior you DPS similar to a well equipped rogue (probably a bit better, I was up to almost 300dps as arms) but you have no protection against CC. All it takes is one mage to put you in ice or one lock to banish you and you are dead.

Are you kidding me? Warriors in PvP are almost useless, I should know I have a 70 warrior. As protection spec you basically do no damage at all, and have no magic resistance (except your auxiliary gear which most likely will not be equipped). You pose very little threat to anybody. As an arms or fury warrior you DPS similar to a well equipped rogue (probably a bit better, I was up to almost 300dps as arms) but you have no protection against CC. All it takes is one mage to put you in ice or one lock to banish you and you are dead.

Because warlocks can banish humanoids :p.

Many (maybe even most?) good 5 man arena groups are built around an MS warrior chain assist train.

And 300 dps? hmmmm

The priests changes just look like bug fixes, except Binding Heal. I've yet to use this ability. At least we can unlearn our tailoring spec. Who knows if we'll still get to keep all of our patterns though.

It's nice to see some of the changes to the heroic dungeons, trash, and a few other concerns. The tier 5 buffing is almost irrelevant as not even one guild on my server has been to SSC.

I didn't read through everything, but hopefully these changes will correct most of what is wrong with raiding. We'll see.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[;1030914415 said:
Because warlocks can banish humanoids :p.

well whatever, some other CC then that makes it so I cant move for like 30 seconds

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[;1030914415 said:
And 300 dps? hmmmm

Look in the upper left, this mod shows DPS over a 30 second sliding window, 434 at the end of murmur, he did 600 something though (of course thats modified by buffs, but my DPS according to the stat window was 270 something, no screenshots from back then of that)

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/8175/wowscrnshot041007215603uq6.jpg

Warriors are not useless in PvP. We will always lose against mages, no matter what, but a well-played warrior can actually stand a chance against locks and priests. Paladins are the toughest class to go up against after mages, when you're fighting someone in plate armor, who has the ability to heal, and has the mana pool the size of the Pacific Ocean, you're bound to lose. Rogues are easymode, and hunters should not pose much of a problem as long as you can guess where their trap is and avoid it.

1v1, we are gimped against most classes. In numbered PvP, however, we are one of the most desireable classes, because of one sole reason: MS. Any smart 5v5 arena team would want at least 1 MS warrior with a nice weapon (i.e. Blacksmithing BoP epics). When accompanied by healers and support classes, warriors are easily one of the most dangerous classes in PvP.

well whatever, some other CC then that makes it so I cant move for like 30 seconds

Look in the upper left, this mod shows DPS over a 30 second sliding window, 434 at the end of murmur, he did 600 something though (of course thats modified by buffs, but my DPS according to the stat window was 270 something, no screenshots from back then of that)

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/8175/wowscrnshot041007215603uq6.jpg

I was mostly just thinking that 300dps is roughly equal to me auto-attacking. If you're only doing 300dps that would be your problem right there. The warriors in my guild tend to wreck things in pvp. And they can definitely do a hell of a lot more than 300dps.

Are you kidding me? Warriors in PvP are almost useless, I should know I have a 70 warrior. As protection spec you basically do no damage at all, and have no magic resistance (except your auxiliary gear which most likely will not be equipped).

Don't badmouth warriors just because your spec doesn't work. I would like to direct you to:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#...urn&ts=5&t=The+Challenge&select=The+Challenge

ps: Prot specced warriors in org bg's are insane when paired with a solid battle healer. It takes forever for prot specced warriors to go down, and although you do no damage you can absorb a ton.

I agree with these guys, a skilled Arms speced warrior is a force to be reckoned with in PVP (Battlegrounds).

Well maybe the problem is I am ally and no one on alliance side knows how to work together. Even when I was arms spec my PvP experiences are mostly getting CC'd in place and killed before I can move again. As prot spec I have 13k armor and 11k health, 485 defense unbuffed giving 50% chance to either dodge, block, or parry, taking no damage. I just starting to raid Karazahn, and I'm a damn good tank.

Well maybe the problem is I am ally and no one on alliance side knows how to work together. Even when I was arms spec my PvP experiences are mostly getting CC'd in place and killed before I can move again. As prot spec I have 13k armor and 11k health, 485 defense unbuffed giving 50% chance to either dodge, block, or parry, taking no damage. I just starting to raid Karazahn, and I'm a damn good tank.

spec ms, get a big hit'n stick, find a pocket pally, own up the arenas

spec ms, get a big hit'n stick, find a pocket pally, own up the arenas
I have this in the bank with some +hit and +crit gems in it if I ever get done raiding... kind of need to be prot if you want to raid as a tank. With mortal strike I would do 800 - 1200 damage per hit with it, crit for 2000+ and execute for over 5k

CodeX, before you get down on bein a warrior i want you to do a lil research, head over to warcraftmovies.com and checkout a warrior named laintime. i consider him the best pvp warrior and just watch how he moves around and combos he uses. Before the last couple patches I (as a rogue) did NOT fear any warrior, i would just kite around and destroy them. but NOW its a LOT different. if i get taken by surprise after attacking somebody else, im as good as dead.
when fighting a rogue, make sure he is ALWAYS having a bleed effect and hamstring on him. this way he cannot restealth, and makes it harder for him to position his attacks. after they get out of range make sure ya intercept and use up your instant attacks, it causes aLOT of heavy upfront damage, and your guarenteed to get a crit, most arms warriors have around 30% chance to crit nowadays i believe...
now, im not tryin to tell ya how to play your class, but maybe theres something i said that you never thought of before, and hopefully i helped ya out a bit :)
oh, and bloodrage is your friend.
oh another thing, if a rogue vanishes nearby you to try to get away/start another attack, DEMO SHOUT as fast as possible, thatll piss em off hehe, i know it does me...

World of Warcraft 2.1 Patch notes

from improved sap for free to boosts to protection paladins...

to a major nerf to alchemy... to some miscellaneous other crafting changes

not really a nerf to alch, just a change, its good in the long run because it means that people will learn to depend less on flasks, not that ive played wow in a long time...

the rest are up on the PTR now, for those that are interested in checking them out. Beauty of the PTR is even if you don't have an active account you can still play (i.e me!.. WoW is far too expensive for my wallet these days)

Even when I was arms spec my PvP experiences are mostly getting CC'd in place and killed before I can move again.

Arenas are Blizzard's new baby and pretty much everything (even PvE) is being affected by them balancing around 5v5. While you'll see exceptions, most of the top teams appear to consist of at least one MS Warrior and at least one Pally. If you aren't on a top 5v5 team, you're getting screwed by the fact that MS Warrior burst (and the healing debuff) is more or less a necessity.

editted original post to show what the new alchemy pots are ... and changes to flasks

i liked when my druid was overpowered. i could take a 5 guarded ab nobe my myself.

mages got a decent buff/reworking.... too bad i quit in february.

Actually Mages got a huge nerf with 2.1, at least Frost mages did.

Frostbite diminishing returns also affects Frost Nova and Ice Armor procs.

So if you happen to get a frostbite effect on your target three times, congrats, he's now immune to frost root from any cold spell (including Nova).

Not sure if that's intended or not, but it's a huge nerf.

Normally they allow 2 weeks (atleast) of testing before they release. So start looking around beginning week of May.

So if you happen to get a frostbite effect on your target three times, congrats, he's now immune to frost root from any cold spell (including Nova).

so the changes meant for PvP are occuring in regular PvE ?

Its not a huge nerf, if your fighting a melee class , and are unable to kill them with three frostbite procs then your a bad mage. Its just something which makes sense, because Frostnova always had diminishing returns too, tweaking... its really not the end of the world.

On the upside the arctic winds buff is decent

Complaining about CC in PVP, does no one use the PVP trinket?

Back