WoW: BC Closed Beta, NDAs lifted

A lot wasn't finished for the Alpha (level cap of 67), so don't expect all the information any time soon.

If I was magically in the beta I couldnt play cause some ass deleted all my charachters the other day :mad:

Just started to install it, so here's another little tease. And yes, I'm installing it on Vista (5744 for those wanting to know)

anyone can install it, dont let that impress you. i can put up a link to the client downloader. actual play shots are different.

edit:

see?

burn.JPG

Martyr said:
anyone can install it, dont let that impress you. i can put up a link to the client downloader. actual play shots are different.

edit:

see?
Not cool enough yet, you arn't using vista. :)

CodeX said:
@ LittleMe: Pics or Shens!

(of gameplay)
gameplay mit in game npc's and quests. i could do a private server, but it would have nothing on it.

I wish they would have updated the graphics on a 2 year old game a little bit for the expansion. Not really complaining, just wishing the terrain had a bit more variety.

Astral Abyss said:
I wish they would have updated the graphics on a 2 year old game a little bit for the expansion. Not really complaining, just wishing the terrain had a bit more variety.
Not like they need to, since the art completely blows every other MMORPG out of the water. WoW doesn't try to copy the "realistic" look of Genericquest II.

dotK said:
Not like they need to, since the art completely blows every other MMORPG out of the water. WoW doesn't try to copy the "realistic" look of Genericquest II.

MMOs have really low standards in art quality if WoW "blows them out of the water."

Stammer said:
MMOs have really low standards in art quality if WoW "blows them out of the water."
Or, you don't know what to look for in art. Realism is not everything.

Stammer said:
art. not photorealism.

ever play warcraft? WoW reflects the world portrayed in those games quite well.

Can priests dispell everything with the new AoE spell? I think i read it could remove divine shield o_O

i played a bit of the beta, and i loved it. I do love the art direction they took in this game, but it would be nice if they could have used better-than-turok 2 visuals. then again, who cares as the game is very well put together (in terms of MMO's) :p

rapid said:
Can priests dispell everything with the new AoE spell? I think i read it could remove divine shield o_O

It CAN remove divine shield. I don't know what else it can remove. I believe in general, it can remove things regular dispel can't, besides curses and non spell buffs.

WHAT?!? jesus...

Anyway, the art direction in WoW is great. Technically speaking, it isn't all that hot. But I looove the way it looks :)

Back