WOW:BC Install Problems-Anyone else have?

Yesterday, for about an hour, I was struggling to get the Burning Crusade installed. Everytime I would have to put in disk 2 the installer would go to not responding. Eventually I started looking up this problem, and found that at least one other person was going through the same thing as me.

Needless to say I had to install the expansion in safe mode. Is anyone else having the same problem, I don't get it, is it the disks or what?

p.s. it can't be my 'puter since I just reinstalled windows and went through about 5 other games before wow, and bc...and wow didn't have any problems.

I didn't have one problem, it was a painless installation. However everytime i put a new disk in, Ventrilo would lag me out.

I just copied the cds onto my HD and installed from there. I heard if you have autoplay enabled it would load the installer again after you insert the next disk and cause problems.

No problems, but I used the DVD in the CE.

I'll ask some friends, but I don't think they had any problems, either. Maybe just a bad batch of CDs? =\

None here either, but I did read on the WoW forums that folks were having some issues with installs. Might want to check tech support and general there.

Well if it you can install in safe mode, then it is a Windows problem or a problem with some software you have installed. Do you have anti-virus software installed or something?

Had the same issue with the wives install. We had recently bought her a new PC with a DVD burner. For some reason the burner would read every other disk from regular cd's to movies. Would not read disk 1 on her copy or mine though. After an hour of messing with it I ripped the CD-Rom out of her old PC and it worked. This was with the regular edition. My DVD drive wouldnt read her disk one either but would read all of mine.

Her DVD drive is an HP mine is a lite-on. The CD drive that worked was an older HP.

Disk 2 had some manufacturing problems on some shipments. I heard if you copied the discks to your HD and installed from there it would work. Also you can DL torrents of the game.

Back