Wow Content Patch

DannyGT said:
Shut teh face bro.

You obviosuly have no talent...and are even WORSE at picking talent point..I have 2 hunter friends one is 55 the other 60...the 55 with the right combo of talent points was often criticaling for 1400. That I know...I WAS THERE...

Dont tell me its not hard to stay ranged -- unless your going against a mage -- because you got AoC to run away...I have literally seen hunters destroy people after stunning them then immidiatly running off with AoC to get ranged and do deadly dmg....There is stil PLENTLY reason to keep hunters in instances...plently. They have as much crowd control as a mage does. Mage cant poly everything -- however your pet can certainly distract anything long enough for us to destroy one target and move to another.

Hunters are still very versatile...I love to hate em...

BTW -- im probably one of the BEST (9:1 w/l ratio) mages around...but i always give a properly played hunter of equal lvl respect... Unless ofcoarse I catch him with a AP + POM + Pyro + AM....then its practically over. LOL.

Umm does when in AoC, if hit you get stunned mean anything ? ANd you dont "often Critical" that is just stupid ... it is not common sence that you critical commonly. The talent points can only up crit to 10%.

And I said end game instances ... and even you example says a pet can tank and hold agro for a while ... in end game instances pets are 1 shoted .. now that snarler has no resistances.

Mage can only poly one enemy ... a pet can only agro one enemy.

bonkrowave said:
Like I said Hunters have the largest Deadzone .. just get inside it and the hunter is dead. Even mages can do this
Hunters Pets got nerfed, Hunters have 2 melee skills, Mail is not what it is cracked up to be
no, hunters do way more melee damage then i do. and have more melee skills than any of the caster classes. mail not what its cracked up to be? LOL. Ill take it then, since its worthless.

How can they be usefull if buffs from party memebers no longer effect their damage.
a bug introduced with that one aspect bug fix. im sure it will get fixed sooner or later. buffs are not the end all. you either know how to play your toon or you dont. a buff does not make or break a player, or a party, stop making mountains out of molehills. yes it sucks, but not gamebreaking.

This means anyone is going to choose a Mage over a hunter now. Hunters cannot ... I repeat ... cannot tank ... we have no HP.
YOUR PET IS THE TANK DUH do you even play your class? or just whine about it?

Steel Chicken said:
no, hunters do way more melee damage then i do. and have more melee skills than any of the caster classes. mail not what its cracked up to be? LOL. Ill take it then, since its worthless.

a bug introduced with that one aspect bug fix. im sure it will get fixed sooner or later. buffs are not the end all. you either know how to play your toon or you dont. a buff does not make or break a player, or a party, stop making mountains out of molehills. yes it sucks, but not gamebreaking.

YOUR PET IS THE TANK DUH do you even play your class? or just whine about it?

Hhahah you say im whining ... this comming from steelchicken who constantly and consistently bitches both on here and the WoW forums.

A 13% reduction of DPS is bad. I never said game breaking anywhere, nor did I say mail was worthless. And if a buff does not make or break a player ... then what are Paladins ?

Your last example is just stupid. GG

Wow you guys are getting your panties a little to tight over a video game.

bonkrowave said:
Umm does when in AoC, if hit you get stunned mean anything ? ANd you dont "often Critical" that is just stupid ... it is not common sence that you critical commonly. The talent points can only up crit to 10%.

And I said end game instances ... and even you example says a pet can tank and hold agro for a while ... in end game instances pets are 1 shoted .. now that snarler has no resistances.

Mage can only poly one enemy ... a pet can only agro one enemy.

IF YOU GET HIT.....

AGAIN you obviously dont play it right....I wasnt talking about bad players (like you)...I said I've seen hunters that effectively use it (WITHOUT getting stunned)

You gotta be fast...real fast.

10%-- LOL you dont think thats alot...I have my 10% with my mage and i DEFINITLY CRIT alot...

Damn I gotta make a vid...

DannyGT said:
IF YOU GET HIT.....

AGAIN you obviously dont play it right....I wasnt talking about bad players (like you)...I said I've seen hunters that effectively use it (WITHOUT getting stunned)

You gotta be fast...real fast.

10%-- LOL you dont think thats alot...I have my 10% with my mage and i DEFINITLY CRIT alot...

Damn I gotta make a vid...

Yes I am a bad player, and I dont know how to play my class ? :rolleyes:

Do you have a level 60 Hunter? No ... yet you tell me I am playing it wrong?

GG

bonkrowave said:
Hhahah you say im whining ... this comming from steelchicken who constantly and consistently bitches both on here and the WoW forums.

A 13% reduction of DPS is bad. I never said game breaking anywhere, nor did I say mail was worthless. And if a buff does not make or break a player ... then what are Paladins ?

Your last example is just stupid. GG

Who got banned from the WoW forums again for acting like a cock? Oh that was you.
Pot, meet kettle.

I whine about things that are legit and sytem wide, like server availability, and communication. You take minor things, combine that with a healthy does of "i dont know what the f*ck im doing" and turn into a molehill

whatever i think we should stop the flames before we both get in trouble

Steel Chicken said:
Who got banned from the WoW forums again for acting like a cock? Oh that was you.
Pot, meet kettle.

I whine about things that are legit and sytem wide, like server availability, and communication. You take minor things, combine that with a healthy does of "i dont know what the f*ck im doing" and turn into a molehill

whatever i think we should stop the flames before we both get in trouble

:rolleyes:
Some peoples kids

Bonko why do you put "GG" at the end of your posts. Do you know what "GG" means? Or is it just generic_insult00.

Direwolf20 said:
Bonko why do you put "GG" at the end of your posts. Do you know what "GG" means? Or is it just generic_insult00.

Do I ask you why you chip in from the peanut gallery ?

e-peen++ in this thread. Seriously Danny, your win loss record gives me a hardon. You do realize that it means nothing until Battlegrounds right? :rolleyes:

Even if it did...9-1? lmao

gg = good game to me. /shrug

This thread has lock written all over it.

bonkrowave said:
Do I ask you why you chip in from the peanut gallery ?

I was just curious if you knew what it meant. AFK!

(See how afk had no appropriate meaning being at the end of my sentence. You're left wondering, why the hell did he put afk there? Same with GG in your posts. It makes me think you don't have any idea what it means, but you've seen people use it so you started using it too...)

EDIT - FYI 10% is a lot for crits buddy.

Ya you know what ... I must be totally wrong about everything I have said it regards to problems with hunters.

Myself and all the other Hunters posting on the forums ... we all have no idea what the hell we are talking about.

The people who dont play Hunters are the one who know how the class should be played, and know that there are no problems with Hunters.

GG <--- Just for Direwolf

bonkrowave said:
Ya you know what ... I must be totally wrong about everything I have said it regards to problems with hunters.

Myself and all the other Hunters posting on the forums ... we all have no idea what the hell we are talking about.

The people who dont play Hunters are the one who know how the class should be played, and know that there are no problems with Hunters.

GG <--- Just for Direwolf
At least you're a big enough man to admit it.

You know. If it is such a problem why not just start a new character or just quit the game. All you are doing here is making yourself look like a child that throws a fit if he dosen't get his way.

Grow Up :rolleyes:

Well my work buddy sitting next to me who plays a hunter is laughing at you. You must not use your pet man, because those things are vicious and add to your DPS quite a bit. You're one of those hunters who probably doesn't even bother with traps either.

DemisE said:
You know. If it is such a problem why not just start a new character or just quit the game. All you are doing here is making yourself look like a child that throws a fit if he dosen't get his way.

Grow Up :rolleyes:

He's been doing that since WoW came out.

Direwolf20 said:
Well my work buddy sitting next to me who plays a hunter is laughing at you. You must not use your pet man, because those things are vicious and add to your DPS quite a bit. You're one of those hunters who probably doesn't even bother with traps either.

..... :rolleyes: Ask your friend how well a pet works in MC ?

Good for your Direwolf ... does it make you feel more of a man to do that?

bonkrowave said:
..... :rolleyes: Ask your friend how well a pet works in MC ?

Good for your Direwolf ... does it make you feel more of a man to do that?

Man, I'm not wasting my time with you, I've learned from your previous posts what its like arguing with you. You never admit when you're wrong, you constantly over-exaggerate the problems with the game, and you act all "Woah is me, I'm so persecuted, my class is the weakest of them all". Seriously man, grow up. The hunter isn't a bad class by far, and you're exaggerating a LOT here. I doubt the warlock pets hold up well in the MC either...

If its such a crappy class, why not start another one as an alt?

QHalo said:
e-peen++ in this thread. Seriously Danny, your win loss record gives me a hardon. You do realize that it means nothing until Battlegrounds right? :rolleyes:

Even if it did...9-1? lmao

gg = good game to me. /shrug

This thread has lock written all over it.

Its a ratio and who said anything about PvE or waiting for BG ?? I'm talking straight PvP...I know I am that good...even with PvE these guys act as if they never heard of potions, and all the other stuff that come into play. Do you guys just go into play with no back up or strickly rely on priests to save you ?? All honestly now...for the exception of maybe warriors and druids who probably needed the most work, you guys need to really adapt your playstyle to be ready for ANYTHING....thats ofcoarse if we are talking pvp....pve servers are a bit more forgiving.

I already said 13% does seem a bit much....but they definitly needed to get nerfed...you still have range, cc, and great dmg with or without range (depends which class you are fighting ofcoarse)

Direwolf20 said:
Man, I'm not wasting my time with you, I've learned from your previous posts what its like arguing with you. You never admit when you're wrong, you constantly over-exaggerate the problems with the game, and you act all "Woah is me, I'm so persecuted, my class is the weakest of them all". Seriously man, grow up. The hunter isn't a bad class by far, and you're exaggerating a LOT here. I doubt the warlock pets hold up well in the MC either...

If its such a crappy class, why not start another one as an alt?

For starters I shelved the hunter a long time ago and I have been concentrating on a Paladin.

Second I am not exaggerating the problem... If you look at my initial post I said Specifically that the pet was useless in HIGH LEVEL instances. I'm not talking about in general here. I stated a specific example and nay sayers have exaggerated it to encompass every aspect of the game and not the specific example I have stated.

I stood up for Warriors when they got the nerf bat in beta. But I now realize that it really doesn't matter. Ill just remember this thread for when you class gets nerfed.

bonkrowave said:
For starters I shelved the hunter a long time ago and I have been concentrating on a Paladin.

Second I am not exaggerating the problem... If you look at my initial post I said Specifically that the pet was useless in HIGH LEVEL instances. I'm not talking about in general here. I stated a specific example and nay sayers have exaggerated it to encompass every aspect of the game and not the specific example I have stated.

I stood up for Warriors when they got the nerf bat in beta. But I now realize that it really doesn't matter. Ill just remember this thread for when you class gets nerfed.

Its ok, I'm a warlock, both of the patches have nerfed us more than helped. Our level 50 and 60 pets are near worthless, and the whole idea behind the class post 50 is semi-broken. Don't get me started on PVP, with the soulshard issue. But I enjoy it, or I wouldn't be playing it....

Actually somebody made a comment that a druid is such a good PvP class....unfortunately in 1v1 the dr00d is one of the best. Rubix who is a 60 druid on Tich is probally one of the best 1v1 players in the game. One duel he was in last 20+ minutes. He just waits until his opponent screws up and then finishes them. Sorta like Iceman in Top Gun. What is nuts is that he has 9500+ AC fully buffed.

The second best class is probally the shamen since they really can balance between heal/damage and still take a beating in the process (aren't cloth wearers).

Again though...all classes are GREAT if played well. It is only at near perfection that you can see that a few classes are just slightly ahead. But again that is the high end and most often in a PvP land you dont have nice rules to play by. Being a sneaky bastard is okay ;)

-tReP

Trepidati0n said:
Actually somebody made a comment that a druid is such a good PvP class....unfortunately in 1v1 the dr00d is one of the best. Rubix who is a 60 druid on Tich is probally one of the best 1v1 players in the game. One duel he was in last 20+ minutes. He just waits until his opponent screws up and then finishes them. Sorta like Iceman in Top Gun. What is nuts is that he has 9500+ AC fully buffed.

The second best class is probally the shamen since they really can balance between heal/damage and still take a beating in the process (aren't cloth wearers).

Again though...all classes are GREAT if played well. It is only at near perfection that you can see that a few classes are just slightly ahead. But again that is the high end and most often in a PvP land you dont have nice rules to play by. Being a sneaky bastard is okay ;)

-tReP

I personally still think that Shadow Priest owns everyone in PvP... I think QHALO plays one ... im not sure if he has speced it over to shadow yet tho. It was sad yesterday when my lvl 20 Paladin pwned a level 27 horde hunter.

Warlocks are pretty nice in pvp, but its only if we have shards. Then we are significantly weakened if not. The bad thing is we need to kill mobs that give us EXP to get shards, and they DON'T stack. You can farm for about an hour before pvp'ing, and then burn through ALL your shards in a good 15-20 minutes.

Luckily Blizzard is "considering" allowing honorable kills to give us shards. For the longest time it was "no way" but now its maybe. It'll be a while though I bet.

bonkrowave said:
I personally still think that Shadow Priest owns everyone in PvP... I think QHALO plays one ... im not sure if he has speced it over to shadow yet tho. It was sad yesterday when my lvl 20 Paladin pwned a level 27 horde hunter.

Hehe, My level 45 warlock destroyed a level 52 rogue the other day. He snuck up on me too, and surprise hit me with that stun. I just BARELY got him down. Actually I think I died, but he had ---> <--- that much health left, and my dot's finished him a second or two after I dropped.

bonkrowave said:

And priests are the ultimate nerf in instances according to your logic. They can't cause damage w/o getting wiped up w/ a mop and are pretty much heal bots. The agro they generate is much higher per point of damage/per mana than most other classes. All I do is basically chain renew on the tank and only flash if they drop below 80%. If they continue to go down it is shield at 40% and start a big heal. Against boss mobs it is just every priest and their mother chain healing flash heal. If it is an AoE room...again nothing but flash heal.

So outside of an instance I do damage and inside the instance I do support. Welcome to your class. Play it that way...play it to help the "group" and not your own "wants". Just be glad you are not the primary AoE'er who lands up dying 10x a night and gets the armor repair bill that costs ~1G for every run through xBRS/Scholo/etc or the warrior that gets a 3G repair bills.

I'm sorry your "uber" clases of pali/hunter are no longer so uber. Go onto the next class and state your greviances again when it "just isn't fair" in your mind. There is no "best class" just "best player".

-tReP

DannyGT said:
Its a ratio and who said anything about PvE or waiting for BG ?? I'm talking straight PvP...I know I am that good...even with PvE these guys act as if they never heard of potions, and all the other stuff that come into play. Do you guys just go into play with no back up or strickly rely on priests to save you ?? All honestly now...for the exception of maybe warriors and druids who probably needed the most work, you guys need to really adapt your playstyle to be ready for ANYTHING....thats ofcoarse if we are talking pvp....pve servers are a bit more forgiving.

I already said 13% does seem a bit much....but they definitly needed to get nerfed...you still have range, cc, and great dmg with or without range (depends which class you are fighting ofcoarse)
man, for the sake of getting banned I'm going to refrain from getting knee deep in your ass about this post because I enjoy posting here. But I will say that your first comment had absolutely nothing to do with my post at all and was some of the most incoherrent bullshit that I've read.

Bonkro, dude...your pet will do more for Molten Core than you know. It won't be a tank at all but what it will do is pull mobs for the party. And sacrificing a pet for the party is better than losing the main tank.

Direwolf20 said:
Hehe, My level 45 warlock destroyed a level 52 rogue the other day. He snuck up on me too, and surprise hit me with that stun. I just BARELY got him down. Actually I think I died, but he had ---> <--- that much health left, and my dot's finished him a second or two after I dropped.

I got soooo pwned the other day.

I was playing my Hunter doing some dueling in Gadgetzan and there was a Nightelf just standing there and he dropped a duel flag ... so without checking his name I clicked accept .... well wouldn't you know it .... the guy standing there wasn't the one who dropped the duel flag. Some other Rogue did and had stealthed and snuck up behind me.

So I start taking damage and cant understand why Im not shooting back at this guy just standing there.

Too late I realized my mistake.

I am teh asshat for that one.

bonkrowave said:
yes I play a shadowpriest, but I'm going to be respec'ing for Molten Core and Onyxia until I get my tier two epic gear.

And when it came to PVP, even though it didnt matter much...I wrecked people. That's my e-peen++ btw. :)

And when I die multiple times my repair bill is like 5G, so whoever said something about a 1G repair bill needs to swap me bills.

QHalo said:
Bonkro, dude...your pet will do more for Molten Core than you know. It won't be a tank at all but what it will do is pull mobs for the party. And sacrificing a pet for the party is better than losing the main tank.

If you could kindly make the people doing MC on Eonar understand this fact ... I would be more then greatful.

bonkrowave said:
If you could kindly make the people doing MC on Eonar understand this fact ... I would be more then greatful.
Bonkro,

just for you if we go tonight I will take a pic of the guy who uses "Batlechiken" to pull mobs in Molten Core. It's a level 28 pet and since level of pet doesn't matter as it draws the same agro as the level of the player. It's a plainstrider that we send in to pull out the Lava Surger's. Eyes of the Beast, and send him in. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

QHalo said:
Bonkro,

just for you if we go tonight I will take a pic of the guy who uses "Batlechiken" to pull mobs in Molten Core. It's a level 28 pet and since level of pet doesn't matter as it draws the same agro as the level of the player. It's a plainstrider that we send in to pull out the Lava Surger's. Eyes of the Beast, and send him in. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

I understand the concept ... I use that all the time. But on my server when you try to do a MC run ... Its always ... Hunters suck ... and then when I say what about pulling ... they say ... we will just rez our warrior.

/shrugs

It's just aggrivating when Hunters are getting nerfed before some of our serious bugs are getting fixed (for example, a pet is completely useless when it's bugged and stuck at stunned speed).

Mail armor is pretty worthless. I have about 500 more armor at lvl 49 with mail than I did at lvl 39 with leather. And all my armor is the best I can get (besides epics).

Aspect of the Cheetah is bugged so that if someone just attacks you (misses, resist spell or anything) you get stunned. Every class has something they can use to stun you if you try to put on AotC in PvP (except maybe paladins I think? not sure).

All my talent points have been spent giving me every damage bonus I can get. Aimed shot can crit for me at 1400 (to cloth wearers) right now but there's a + 3 second timer to that shot so it can only be used if someones standing totally still and it's your opening shot...then MAYBE there's a chance it might crit..which isn't often. If someone starts moving towards you while you're trying to do an Aimed shot, you're screwed. My multi shot crits for 700-800 which is pretty good but once again, rare. The minimum distance for ranged attacks is our main problem I think. If someone comes close we can wing clip but the problem is there's only enough time to just get into attack range by the time it wears off so when you turn around to shoot, they're too close for you to shoot and you're already getting hit. So you wingclip and repeat this process. Hunters are only really good in situations where someone's attention is elsewhere.

At lower levels I loved my Hunter but I just don't feel we scale as well as the rest of the classes at higher levels. A nerf is just not something I expected for a class that's pretty weak in the first place. Low hitpoints, medium armor, and no close range ability already make for a relatively weak pvp class.

And no the pets don't make up for any of it. The higher level you get the more insignificant your pet is. My pet loses aggro quicker each day. Try to use your pet on an elite mob (even one a few levels below you) and you spend more time healing it than shooting anything.

I know it's pointless to complain...just wanted to share my experiences.

On a positive note, if someone tries to run away from a Hunter, they'll almost always die :)
It's the running towards we have a problem with.

bonkrowave said:
I understand the concept ... I use that all the time. But on my server when you try to do a MC run ... Its always ... Hunters suck ... and then when I say what about pulling ... they say ... we will just rez our warrior.

/shrugs
Agreed. That is how is usually works. We send in the tank to do most of the pulling. If you get more than 2 mobs you let the tank die. But when you are pulling the bridge just before the Fire Imp room, it's Batlechiken FTW. Also, you're never going to beat Magmadar without Tranquilizing shot so whoever says hunters suck is full of shit.

ThunderGod66 said:
It's just aggrivating when Hunters are getting nerfed before some of our serious bugs are getting fixed (for example, a pet is completely useless when it's bugged and stuck at stunned speed).

Ditto, insert the word "Warlocks" where hunters is. But its how MMO's work. Not everything is gonna be a buff to your class, and unfortunately the "nerfs" are easier to get out there than the "buffs". If they consider something to be overpowering or bugged, its easier to fix that one thing. If something is underpowered, they have to rebalance the new stuffs and buffs to work with the ENTIRE game.

Direwolf20 said:
Ditto, insert the word "Warlocks" where hunters is. But its how MMO's work. Not everything is gonna be a buff to your class, and unfortunately the "nerfs" are easier to get out there than the "buffs". If they consider something to be overpowering or bugged, its easier to fix that one thing. If something is underpowered, they have to rebalance the new stuffs and buffs to work with the ENTIRE game.

Since the "awesome" changes to warriors I have been trying to tell people ... dont nerf anything. Just buff the classes that are underpowered.

If they did not nerf and instead just buffed ... then no one would complain.

bonkrowave said:
Since the "awesome" changes to warriors I have been trying to tell people ... dont nerf anything. Just buff the classes that are underpowered.

If they did not nerf and instead just buffed ... then no one would complain.

It would take 10x as long. Because lets say that paladins are overpowered.

You would have to make changes to every other class to bring them in line with paladins. Not only that, you would have to modify all the content and PVE to bring THAT in line with the new uberness of the Players. Now you accidently gave warlocks too much. Rebuff it all again.

Or you could just weaken paladins a little bit, and suddenly everyone is equal like they should be.

The devs have an idea of how powerful everyone should be. Lets use a number system 1-10. If everyone should be at the number 5, but paladins are at number 6, you would have to bring everyone up to number 6. But the game was designed around players being of power 5, so they have to buff all the mobs to be a challenge to the power 6's. See how easier it would have been to make paladins a number 5 by weakening them?

Sure it sucks to be nerfed, but it REALLY is required. Especially when its bug fixes. You'd have to redesign the whole game each time you change something if you never nerfed and only buffed.

Whoa....I must've clicked the wrong Favorites link and ended up at the Blizzard forums by mistake. :p

I watched some pre-nerf Warrior videos and Damn were they awesome.
I've heard about the warlock nerfs too...at least we're not alone. :)

Hopefully they'll have most things ironed out by the time they implement the pvp rewards and battlegrounds...whenever that may be.

Back