WoW funeral attenders slaughtered

Status
Not open for further replies.
GORANKAR said:
It boils down to a fundamental lack of sportsmanship, fairplay, maturity, and acts as just another example of the decay of human civilization.. Only stupid people are breeding..

I would guess that serenity clan's days are numbered.. 1 by 1 , and 2 by 2, I expect them to be singled out and executed in game by anyone and every one, because senity clan just made it cool to kill them.. I can see in game money being exchanged for hits on the serenity clan.. Old fashioned 30's style gangland violence in wow..
The aftermath will be hilarious to watch..

I
rofl...some ppl really do need to get a life. good thing i stayed away from wow.

i laughed...though it was mostly cause of the editing, i've never played WoW so most of it i wasn't sure what the hell was happening

I too find it funny. Like others it's sad that a person really died, but if these people wanted to remember said person they should have went to their real funural or sent flowers to the family. Who probably would have wondered who they are from since they've never met any of these people. IT'S NOT REAL LIFE IN WOW. even if you have a strong friendship connection with somebody in WOW, and it can happen, you should still be able to make the disconnect that IT'S NOT REAL. There were no bodies desecrated as some have wished on others in this forum, there wasn't even an essence of a body, becuase it's all done on a machine somewhere a blizzard buidling hundreds if not thousands of miles away from the real funural.

If this wasn't about a "funeral" and a group of people posted widely on a message board for all to read that they plan on meeting and want a bunch of people to show up and stand around and a guild comes in an owns them, nobody says a thing and probably everybody finds it funny. There are non PVP areas and chat rooms if you feel like doing something like this to grieve. But IT'S A GAME, you are there to interact with people, and compete and level up and get points. That is the GAME, that's why you buy the GAME. Maybe these people should just play WOW and never go out and fight and just stay in the spawn towns and non PVP areas because that's what they want apparently.

I hope if it ever comes down to people holding a psudo-funeral for me in a game if I pass in the future that they do get owned, because that would serve them right for standing around and feeling sorry for themselves.

PKers. 'Nuff said. If you found it funny, chances are you're a dirty/cheap PKer with nothing else better to do.

GORANKAR said:
It boils down to a fundamental lack of sportsmanship, fairplay, maturity, and acts as just another example of the decay of human civilization.. Only stupid people are breeding..

I would guess that serenity clan's days are numbered.. 1 by 1 , and 2 by 2, I expect them to be singled out and executed in game by anyone and every one, because senity clan just made it cool to kill them.. I can see in game money being exchanged for hits on the serenity clan.. Old fashioned 30's style gangland violence in wow..
The aftermath will be hilarious to watch..

I
Totally agree!!
Cant wait for those videos to come out

Mav451 said:
PKers. 'Nuff said. If you found it funny, chances are you're a dirty/cheap PKer with nothing else better to do.
Um...it was a PVP area so technically you're supposed to PK....if I'm not mistaken lol.

Well I'm not familiar with WoW, so I don't know the rules. But the last game I played, Diablo2, you had to actually initiate hostility before attacking. In WoW you don't?

markt435 said:
Um...it was a PVP area so technically you're supposed to PK....if I'm not mistaken lol.
Supposed to, nothing. The Horde in that video were there to pay their respects to a fallen friend, and these dickheads came along and ruined it. There was absolutely no reason for them to do it, either, besides the usual childish excuse of, "Well, they were PvP... they should've expected it." They've acted no better than that Fred Phelps guy who protests soldiers' funerals.

I bet whoever died (I think the screenshot from the forums said it was a chick), would think that was funny too. Heck, if there's an afterlife, I bet he/she is cracking up over that video. Of course, it's an instant download on GodOS, which is probably half the reason why he/she gave up the ghost anyhow: to get his/her grubby hands on unlimited speed! :eek:

Guys, death isn't that bad. Heck, death is the reason we live! To die! Get it?

...Sheesh, you guys need to get a life. It was a funeral. Funerals are suppossed to be happy events! Good times! Why do people cry at 'em? The dead people wouldn't want that, yet stupid griefers (read: women in black dresses) do it anyhow. What's up with that? Be happy when someone dies! HAPPY! :mad:

bigbadgreen said:
IT'S NOT REAL LIFE IN WOW....

I didn't find it amusing BUT, I concur with bigbadgreen. To quote Trinity from the movie The Matrix, "The Matrix isn't real!!!11"

M4rk said:
Funerals are suppossed to be happy events!
Sooo, you would be happy if, at a memorial event you were attending, people came in and started wrecking everything and beating people up?

gamz247 said:
Supposed to, nothing. The Horde in that video were there to pay their respects to a fallen friend, and these dickheads came along and ruined it. There was absolutely no reason for them to do it, either, besides the usual childish excuse of, "Well, they were PvP... they should've expected it." They've acted no better than that Fred Phelps guy who protests soldiers' funerals.
They had a choice to do it somewhere else or express their grief some other way. I remember playing ET and one of the community members died. We all put black hearts in our names to honor him rather than stand around in some area to get slaughtered. For people to bitch and complain about how cold hearted it was to just slaughter them all is stupid. It may have been not a nice thing to do, but this is a game we're talking about. There is a time and place for these things. A PVP area is certainly not a place to do it, let alone a game.

M4rk said:
Funerals are suppossed to be happy events! Good times! Why do people cry at 'em? The dead people wouldn't want that, yet stupid griefers (read: women in black dresses) do it anyhow. What's up with that? Be happy when someone dies! HAPPY! :mad:

I tend to disagree a tad here, now I do believe people shouldn't morn forever but to tell someone to be happy that their loved one died is just ignorant and its safe to assume you haven't lost someone close to you; but then again maybe you have and have an interesting outlook on life.

Its a pvp server... thats what happens when you play on one.
If you play on a pvp server and complain about being killed by another player, i think you are on the wrong server.

markt435 said:
They had a choice to do it somewhere else...
And Serenity Now had the choice to not be a bunch of douchebags and leave them alone.

markt435 said:
A PVP area is certainly not a place to do it...
They happened to be holding this memorial in the deceased's favorite spot, which turned out to be in a PvP area. Not the best choice, it seems, however, that guild could have at least shown some respect for what the others were doing. Azeroth's pretty damn big... there's plenty of other times and many other places that PvP could have taken place.

markt435 said:
...let alone a game for that matter.
I don't know about you, but I don't have personal information about anyone in my guild. And since I know these people thru the game, it would make sense to me to honor them in the game, were one of them to pass away.

I just wanna be clear:

I don't have anything against the guild that did this, I don't care either way. I just didn't find it funny.

Also, to people saying they should pay their respects with cards to the family or whatever:

Since it is over WoW, it's entirely possible that they don't know the real world contact details of the person who died. And even if one of them did, it's respectful for them to NOT post those on the internet. It was a way for the people who didn't know the person enough to know their RL contacts, to pay their respects in the only way they can.

Wow...talk about disrespect. Some people were simply not brought up right... :rolleyes:

gamz247 said:
And Serenity Now had the choice to not be a bunch of douchebags and leave them alone.

They happened to be holding this memorial in the deceased's favorite spot, which turned out to be in a PvP area. Not the best choice, it seems, however, that guild could have at least shown some respect for what the others were doing. Azeroth's pretty damn big... there's plenty of other times and many other places that PvP could have taken place.

I don't know about you, but I don't have personal information about anyone in my guild. And since I know these people thru the game, it would make sense to me to honor them in the game, were one of them to pass away.
SN also has a choice to spend their $15 a month any way they wish. Like I said before, it wasn't a nice thing to do, but if you don't want some shitty thing to happen, don't do it in a bad area, or post publically you're going to do it in a bad area.

I played ET competitively. I knew the jist of everyone's personal info in my clan. I even helped pay for the server at one point Shit, you kinda have to get to know someone who's gonna have your back defending an objective. Honestly I think it would do you well to get to know your fellow players better than just some presence you happen to play with.

inotocracy said:
I tend to disagree a tad here, now I do believe people shouldn't morn forever but to tell someone to be happy that their loved one died is just ignorant and its safe to assume you haven't lost someone close to you; but then again maybe you have and have an interesting outlook on life.
Somone got it right! Omg!

Uh, yeah, I live by Twain. If someone dies, it's pretty likely he's happier wherever he is now than he was when alive.

Sooo, you would be happy if, at a memorial event you were attending, people came in and started wrecking everything and beating people up?
I would be really pissed off if people cried at my funeral! I mean, can't the human race not be jealous of each other for half a second?! Just because I died, went somewhere great, and left your diseased, 90-year-old ass still hanging on the mortal coil doesn't mean you should cry. Grow up! That's like me goinging to DisneyLand and and leaving you behind! Don't bitch! Look at pr0n 'till I get home! ;)

Is that simple enough for you guys?

M4rk said:
I mean, can't the human race not be jealous of each other for half a second?! Just because I died, went somewhere great, and left your diseased, 90-year-old ass still hanging on the mortal coil doesn't mean you should cry. Grow up! That's like me goinging to DisneyLand and and leaving you behind! Don't bitch! Look at pr0n 'till I get home! ;)

Haha, ok well you definetely have an interesting outlook. ;)

M4rk said:
I would be really pissed off if people cried at my funeral! I mean, can't the human race not be jealous of each other for half a second?! Just because I died, went somewhere great, and left your diseased, 90-year-old ass still hanging on the mortal coil doesn't mean you should cry. Grow up! That's like me goinging to DisneyLand and and leaving you behind! Don't bitch! Look at pr0n 'till I get home! ;)

Is that simple enough for you guys?
Way to completely miss the point of the question.

If people were partying their asses off at your funeral, would you be happy if the occasion were sullied by a bunch of other people who came in and started kicking the crap out of the guests?

inotocracy said:
Haha, ok well you definetely have an interesting outlook. ;)
Thank you. Can you guys just be happy for the dead person and not pissed at the party-crashers? Sure, they fucked up somebody's attempted ceremony, but think of it this way: if they hadn't crashed the party, even less people would have cared about the dead guy! Now his/her name will live one forever in infamy!

...God, I'd love that! :)

If people were partying their asses off at your funeral, would you be happy if the occasion were sullied by a bunch of other people who came in and started kicking the crap out of the guests?
Oops, posted too fast. Lemme see, if someone crashed my funeral...I'd think it was a hoot! Dude, it would be even greater if my attendees fought back! What a show for a dead guy!

M4rk said:
Oops, posted too fast. Lemme see, if someone crashed my funeral...I'd think it was a hoot! Dude, it would be even greater if my attendees fought back! What a show for a dead guy!
So you don't care about what happens to others so long as you think it's cool. "Great" outlook on life/death.

This person liked to fish, liked snow, and liked the sound of the water. The spot that they picked wasn't exactly her favorite spot like everyone was saying. Surely, in all of WoW, there could have been a better spot for this?

markt435 said:
This person liked to fish, liked snow, and liked the sound of the water. The spot that they picked wasn't exactly her favorite spot like everyone was saying. Surely, in all of WoW, there could have been a better spot for this?
There's 2 places in all of Azeroth with all 3 of those things... Winterspring, and Dun Morogh. Somehow I think that having the memorial on Ironforge's doorstep would have been worse than the spot they did choose.

its real life to some when you wake up, play wow, goto bed.. eventually and repeat!!

its no longer a game for some people, it becomes their home, their life, their social connection and friends... To tell these people that having a funeral in a pvp area inside a GAME is such a narrow-mindedly dangerous and ridiculous decision, since people will start attacking you, and not everyone knows wtf is going on. ^These people would blankly stare at you, and question your morals etc. They will assume you are some heartless devil, when in reality, these people are on welfare / parents / farmer and the only values and morals they hold true, are the ones most respected inside a game. I'm insensitive? pfff.. Have it somewhere safe.. have a crew dedicated to defending the funeral procession.. think-the-fuck ahead before planning it... And most importantly, if you seriously want to show respect for someone dying, do something irl.

To them, Serenity just threw fuckin heyzues on the cross, but imo, you're flagged, its a game, Im going to attack you. I'd have probably laughed beforehand at the idea of the enemy having a massive funeral in a pvp area, and not somewhere safe. lol

cheers..

Oh yah heres a story. This girl in my old EQ guild eventually wanted to leave the game, so she faked her own death. She lied to everyone in the guild, even the people she was "close" to. She had always said she was an 18 year old blond from Cali that loved running on the beach. We never used vent back then, so whos to question anything? Some people just were not convinced and did some research.. they found out that "she" was in fact a "he" and "she".. both about 40 years old and they ran a fuckin car garage or something.. She/he then posted on the forums, flaming everyone, threatening everyone, and then apologizing, then finally vanished... never heard from again. Just saying they coulda moved onto WoW...... :D

...The sad part of this is I play on that exact server S.N. is on. I still sit here thinking "Its a PVP server. some douchebag is gonna ruin it somehow."

Figures why the server was lagging that day, but damn that sucked in a sense.

That just shows a lack of respect for other people. It's sad to see that people get pleasure by making someone else suffer (Schadenfreude)... It doesn't surprise me that it happened though. If you take a server that large, it's guarenteed that there will be a group of assholes like that on there. Just shows the selfish nature of people...

gamz247 said:
Way to completely miss the point of the question.

I think actually you are missing the point. WoW is *not* real. Comparing this to someone trashing a real funeral is like comparing me killing innocent people in a game of Fable to me going on a killing spree in real life. When you get awp'ed in CS you dont immediately retort "Oh yeah, well how would you like it if John Lee Malvo shot your brother in the head!" (One of the D.C. Snipers for those that dont know).

You cant compare virtual life to real life. Some people need to take a step back and actually realize the disconnect between the two worlds. The fact that some people cant is exactly why psychologists are worried about the effect the internet is having on our society.

Based on that I dunno how he compared this to it either...

They've acted no better than that Fred Phelps guy who protests soldiers' funerals.

I really don't see the comparison.

Erasmus354 said:
WoW is *not* real. Comparing this to someone trashing a real funeral is like comparing me killing innocent people in a game of Fable to me going on a killing spree in real life.
The game is not real. The people playing are. Feel free to treat NPCs and such like crap, they don't care. Some of the people behind the avatars might not either. Some may. Do you care either way?

Erasmus354 said:
You cant compare virtual life to real life. Some people need to take a step back and actually realize the disconnect between the two worlds. The fact that some people cant is exactly why psychologists are worried about the effect the internet is having on our society.
In both worlds, you are constantly dealing with people. Usually people like being treated with respect.

And I never took much stock in what psychologists had to say.

markt435 said:
I really don't see the comparison.
Phelps and his merry band of religious fanatics intentionally disturb private funeral ceremonies. Serenity Now intentionally disturbed this memorial event. There's your comparison.

The game is not real. The people playing are. Feel free to treat NPCs and such like crap, they don't care. Some of the people behind the avatars might not either. Some may.

and if those people are real they should understand they are playing a game based on a system where you get better by beating other people. Playing a game is just that. you might have virtual friends but you really don't know them. No matter how much you think you do. I just don't see how doing what is promoted in the game is so horrible. does this mean that every player in a PVP who gets attacked can claim they were doing a ceremony and shouldn't be attacked.

Why doesn't everybody who thinks this is so horrible email blizzard and ask to have them banned or points taken away, and see what they have to say. I'm guessing it would be something similar to "we're sorry for the death of a player and for their friends who are grieving, However these players didn't break any rule of the game so we cannot punish them."

Asking for respect on the intarweb is like asking a chimp to speak german. Its just not gonna happen.

Anyone who is disturbing a soldier's funeral is sick in the head. I can't say the same for this situation. This person's real funeral was prolly by the book like 99% of funerals are. I still stand by the fact it was a bad decision to do this in a game. They need to live with the consequences of it instead of sitting around calling ppl scum of the earth.

Erasmus354 said:
I think actually you are missing the point. WoW is *not* real. Comparing this to someone trashing a real funeral is like comparing me killing innocent people in a game of Fable to me going on a killing spree in real life. When you get awp'ed in CS you dont immediately retort "Oh yeah, well how would you like it if John Lee Malvo shot your brother in the head!" (One of the D.C. Snipers for those that dont know).

Well put. The one thing I have to add is...GTA! That's why the world is going to hell!

*Runs and hides.*

bigbadgreen said:
and if those people are real they should understand they are playing a game based on a system where you get better by beating other people.
You obviously don't play WoW, or else you'd realize that the people in the video were already fairly well equipped, and 20 PvP kills gets you jack squat, especially if you're in a raid.

bigbadgreen said:
does this mean that every player in a PVP who gets attacked can claim they were doing a ceremony and shouldn't be attacked.
This event was publicized on their realm forums beforehand... not used as an excuse after the fact.

bigbadgreen said:
Why doesn't everybody who thinks this is so horrible email blizzard and ask to have them banned or points taken away, and see what they have to say. I'm guessing it would be something similar to "we're sorry for the death of a player and for their friends who are grieving, However these players didn't break any rule of the game so we cannot punish them."
Why should I do that? No one's saying that Blizzard should ban this kind of behavior... we're saying that people should be a little more considerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back