WOW - i7 920 R2E 4.0GHz everything on auto

macksomerville

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a new Rampage 2 Extreme i7 920 combo.. New Thermalright VenomousX HSF with two scythe in a push/pull

For shits and giggles just changed the bclck to 200 and went for it... booted into win7 played some games and had some fun...

Everything on AUTO and it ran great... did some checking the CPU Voltage automatically ramped up to 1.4v! WAY too high for my tastes so now running 3.55ghz @ 1.15.

When I get home I will post some pics... kinda been lacking in paying attention to i7 overclocks... this is pretty good no?

MacK

is 4.0 at 1.4v good? not really.... Im at 4.2 at around 1.35v and still playing with some settings. Mine wouldnt auto volt that high, I only got to about 1.32 with auto before it stopped adding.

My EVGA Auto detects the CPU voltage and keeps it that way. It autos on stock @ 1.25V and stays at 1.25V on Auto when I set it to 4ghz +

you have the same board as I do. mine auto adjusts as I turn up the QPI as long as I have the voltage set to auto. I'm using the beta BIOS so maybe something is different there.

I'm using SZ2Z ... my Auto settings for Vcore do not change. The other settings do change but not much (stock auto VTT is very high, overclocked auto VTT comes down to 1.2V which is fairly bizarre).

Yeah I need to do some reading on i7's... got three days off from work... hopefully see some good results...

Back