WoW Issues.

DarkLegacy

[H]ard|Gawd
Just started playing a few days ago & the system built has not reach a month. The game runs great on the system in every way possible with the exceptence of when there is to much going on in the immediate area all at once. Kind of like nearing an auction house area or just any area that is overcrowded/ boasting with activity. I am almost certain that it is my low lvl CPU Cache that is causing the problem seeing that all of my other specs should be perfectly fine. I just want to be sure & see if anyone else has experienced problems in WoW or any MMORPG in general cus of there CPU. The Sempron 3400+ I have running is one of the newer models. has the SSE3 instruction set, L1 64KB, L2256KB cache. Defitnitly have no problem in ditching the CPU for a much better one. Not really looking to do a full, Mobo/CPU upgrade atm since Im not in any real need of it for now. May go to a skt 939 config if its unavoidable or if a Skt 754 CPU purchase breaks even with an good SLI Board/939 CPU.

-DarkLegacy

...sounds like the problem is that his stuff slows down when the screen gets congested. He wants to know what can he do about it hardware wise without breaking the bank.

Wish i could help, but other then optimizing windows, i have no idea how to help =]

DarkLegacy said:
Kind of like nearing an auction house area or just any area that is overcrowded/ boasting with activity.

Upgrade to 2GB RAM, solved the exact same issue I was having back when I played WoW.

It could also be your internet connection. That computer should be plenty to run that game. My Dell laptop in the sig can play it just fine.

Agree with going to 2GB, in fact I'd do that way before I replaced the proc. WoW is a RAM hog, especially when there are tons of players around you, a la the auction house. 2 gigs will help more than any other single upgrade.

Back