WOW = Not fun

slowbiz

2[H]4U
So, I thought I'd try out the crack addiction that is WOW. I'm finding it to be totally boring. What's the big deal with it? Why does everyone sell their souls for this game?

I think its a lot of fun, Just finished my 10 day trial and plan to buy it in the next week or so

Have you played other mmorpg's?

Did you enjoy other blizzard games?

I tried the 10 day trial as well. I played maybe 3 hrs. After that, I uninstalled WoW.

Parker said:
I tried the 10 day trial as well. I played maybe 3 hrs. After that, I uninstalled WoW.

Well, I play with my girlfriend, massively multiplayer games are a lot more fun when played with other people

Not everyone likes the same things?

I don't understand what you're asking really. It's like saying "I don't like cheeseburgers, why are they so popular?" I dunno, a lot of people like cheeseburgers, but I'm sure there are some people who don't.

Same here, my friends and I tried out the 10 day trial and I just couldn't get into WoW at all, I guess MMORPG just isn't for me.

Now I'm playing Titan Quest and having a blast!

I think the best part of WoW, for me, is the guild I am in. It was very fun the first time my guild downed Nefarian, and last night, on our third Nefarian kill, we downed him the first try. Or it might have something to do with the fact that I got Drake Talon Pauldrons, Chromatic boots, and Nefarions head (Master Dragonslayer's Medallion) in one run. :D

Edit: Spelling Nazi's abound, including those who do not use proper punctuation themselves. :rolleyes:

Draax said:
... third Nefarion kill ... Nefarions head ...

You wouldnt be referring to Lord Victor Nefarius would you? aka NefariAn?

Sorry I couldn't resist. I can't stand when people make that mistake. Back on track though, I totally agree. When you have 40 people all working together and you actually complete something that seemed so hard to start with, it can be a lot of fun. I also found the early game fun too. The game only got boring to me when I hit 60 and there was nothing to do until Raid time.

The game itself is shallow and dull. The BGs if you get into them are kinda cool. Otherwise it's not particularly interesting.

Direwolf20 said:
Not everyone likes the same things?

I don't understand what you're asking really. It's like saying "I don't like cheeseburgers, why are they so popular?" I dunno, a lot of people like cheeseburgers, but I'm sure there are some people who don't.

I like cheeseburgers.

I haven't played WoW. Never really got into the MMPORG games at all. Tried Star Wars Galaxies beta and didn't really touch me the right way...

but, I like cheeseburgers.

dx2 said:
Have you played other mmorpg's?

Did you enjoy other blizzard games?
No and Yes. I loved the other Warcraft and Diablo games.

And I have been playing with my little brother's guild, which apparently is a good one. I think it's getting uninstalled.

Getting to 60 can be fun and casual. But the real games starts at 60, when you play with a solid guild and it becomes a social experience. I had a blast playing WoW and if I had the time, I'd still be playing.

odoe said:
Getting to 60 can be fun and casual. But the real games starts at 60, when you play with a solid guild and it becomes a social experience. I had a blast playing WoW and if I had the time, I'd still be playing.

IMO its a waste of time there is so many better things in life then sitting on your ass all day and playing WoW.

AlexStenka said:
IMO its a waste of time there is so many better things in life then sitting on your ass all day and playing WoW.

Like....sitting on your (rear) all day playing BF2? Or playing Doom 3? Or playing Starcraft?

I guess you could put ANY video game title in that sentence, so might as well make it:

AlexStenka said:
IMO its a waste of time there is so many better things in life then sitting on your ass all day and playing Video Games.

Fixed!

AlexStenka said:
IMO its a waste of time there is so many better things in life then sitting on your ass all day trolling forums about people playing WoW.
Fixed v.20!

for me and alot of other people, the game ended once you reached 60, the story stopped, it flat out DOES NOT MOVE, the character improvement through items doesn't happen (they fixed this by dropping items to increase a lvl in a skill or spell) and everything else becomes a flat out grind

PVP in this game is the only thing really dynamic, each class has very dynamic abilities and when mixed in a fighting environment you have to be able to fight against all these abilities, how to live when you see a warlock with a succubus out, how to take out a warrior, how to cuss out a hunter who loves to target mages, wonder why shadow priests were ever put in, make fun of paladins as they try to bubble out of big fights, stomp on rogues who think they are stealthed, it was all fun and happens really fast.

Draax said:
I think the best part of WoW, for me, is the guild I am in. It was very fun the first time my guild downed Nefarian, and last night, on our third Nefarian kill, we downed him the first try. Or it might have something to do with the fact that I got Drake Talon Pauldrons, Chromatic boots, and Nefarions head (Master Dragonslayer's Medallion) in one run. :D

Edit: Spelling Nazi's abound, including those who do not use proper punctuation themselves. :rolleyes:

I'm actually in the same guild as Draax. There are a few other [H] memebers lurking around that play with us as well.

We were the original [H] guild.

Edit: he got the Head over me because he had 1.25dkp more :mad:

Edit2: I hate cheeseburgers.

Edit3: Too all the people who think the battlegrounds are "cool", they must be on PvE servers. Because battlegrounds are in fact, what RUINED pvp.

i live my my life as a gamer.... as a beta tester on mmorpg's

i played most mmorpg out there.... i played wow for a tiny bit.... all i can say is it is far more better than other american mmorpg titles!

wow suck... diffinityly but it jus better than any other american mmorpg. also i dont like mmorpg that dont loose exp when u die.... it dont make it fun!!! it dont make u be extra careful on dying! whats the point of dying??? and whats the point of pking people when they dont suffer??

NewMonster said:
i live my my life as a gamer.... as a beta tester on mmorpg's

i played most mmorpg out there.... i played wow for a tiny bit.... all i can say is it is far more better than other american mmorpg titles!

wow suck... diffinityly but it jus better than any other american mmorpg. also i dont like mmorpg that dont loose exp when u die.... it dont make it fun!!! it dont make u be extra careful on dying! whats the point of dying??? and whats the point of pking people when they dont suffer??
it would suck very hard to loose xp from pvp deaths in wow. you could gank somone from lvl 60-1

dont suffer? I for one hate the time it takes me to run back to my corpse, punishment enough IMO.

Agree with the others people you play with blah blah blah different taste etc etc etc, what gets me is how often people dont understand those things and it has tp be repeated over and over thread after thread :)

Last night was kewl, we can suck hard on trash mobs but we down nef first thing lol

I agree with the OP. I treid the trial and was playing a friends guild that was supposed to be good. I just couldn't get into it. I however am addicted to guild wars, not a true mmorpg, but I find it better the WOW. Not to say WOW was a bad game, it just didn't suck me in. That's what really dissapointed me the most as I'm a diehard WC3 fan and player. I liked the familiar characters, spell types, etc... But I still couldn't get into it. I even set aside the whole 10 days and didn't play any other games and dedicated myself to WOW, atleast 5 hrs a day.

For those fans out there, I can see your point. But it's not for everybody, even some diehard blizzard and warcraft fans.

slowbiz said:
So, I thought I'd try out the crack addiction that is WOW. I'm finding it to be totally boring. What's the big deal with it? Why does everyone sell their souls for this game?

Same. I didn't even get into Oblivion, RPG's are a waste of money for me nowa days..... sspppriiteessss BEEaaych :)

slowbiz said:
Amen. WOW blows.

The lure of the MMORPG is the promise of progression. It is a shortsided notion, however, that there is pleasure to be had from the acquisition of new gear for the sole intent and purpose of using said gear in the acquisition of more gear. It's a vicious circle, and it's tough for people with no life and no responsibilities to get out of. However, WoW succeeds in making the game engaging even after you have gone as far as there is to go for those little stints in between content patches, which is why it is the most popular, money-making MMORPG in the world.

Parker said:
3 hours will give you a good idea of how good some games are, like FPS games...but 3 hours in an MMO is like 0.000001% of the total expierience.

I haven't played it and view myself as lucky for the following reasons.

1) grindfest
2) lame pvp
3) restrictions
4) item dependance

I wouldn't ever dream of paying a monthly subscription to play a game online when you already pay for high speed internet. Just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

DarkfallFan said:
I haven't played it and view myself as lucky for the following reasons.

1) grindfest
2) lame pvp
3) restrictions
4) item dependance

1. WoW is not a grindfest. Not even close. Go play Lineage 2, City of Villains, or hell even Everquest if you want a game that is a grindfest.

2. Yeah, WoW PVP is pretty lame, but hey, at least it has some PVP at all.

3. Restrictions? Your specificity is simply remarkable.

4. Item dependance is the foundation around which almost all modern MMORPGs are based upon. Aside from CoH/CoV, there are no MMOs that I know of in which gear progression is not a cornerstone, especially in the endgame.

Dutt1113 said:
I wouldn't ever dream of paying a monthly subscription to play a game online when you already pay for high speed internet. Just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

You bought Prey didn't you? Next case.

Dutt1113 said:

i bet u never play a mmo b4... ur not a mmo person....

I have hated all of Blizzards games. Hated. And at first I did'nt like WoW either. But I knew some real life people who were playing it and got in and gave it a try. It was at about level 20 when more of the game world opened up to me and I started enjoying it more.

No it's not a perfect game, there are things I don't like about it, but I enjoy it more than any other fantasy MMO.

Personally PvP in WoW is the reason I keep playing. I hated the game leveling up, and quit for weeks at a time becuase I hated the level grind. WoW sadly suffers from the fact that the majority of the game begins at 60. I disagree with the statement the PvP in WoW is weak, but I do agree that BG's killed most of the "real" PvP the game had. Some realms still manage to keep world PvP alive (I've had countless 5v5's and even 10v10's that turned out to be a lot of fun). From personal experience, the people that hate PvP in WoW are either poorly geared, or just plain bad at it.

Poorly geared perhaps because they hate raiding...raiding really killed my interest in the game. 1-59 is great...level 60 IS nothing but a grind, whether it's grinding DKP in weeks and weeks of "working" in 40 man raids, grinding honor in Blizzard's utterly horrid PvP system, or grinding rep with some faction or another, be it PvP or PvE.

I have a friend who has been playing since beta and still doesn't have a 60...he always ends up playing new characters or playing on new servers. We used to pick on him about it but I think he's on to something...he's enjoying the best parts of WoW.

Being a part of killing Nef might be fun the first time or two, but then after that all it is is killing him once a week at a certain time...boring. I wanted no part of shit like that, so I quit. My friend is in a guild that has downed Nef now finally and he's just starting to realize what a waste it has all been, especially because he has had to rearrange his schedule (we're military overseas) in real life to accomodate raiding with his guild. He gets home from work, goes to bed until midnight or so, gets up, raids, logs out, goes to work, etc.

Raid or quit: I chose to quit. Remember, if you're just starting out, you'll eventually find yourself here too.

Back