WPA - Connection problem when logging into account

viper11885

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey,

I have a Linksys WRT54G router and usin my laptop with a wireless connection to connect to it using the Truemobile 1300(B/G). I have the latest firmware for the router and the latest drivers for my network card.

Anyways, I have noticed that when I log off one account and log into a different account, I tend to lose my wireless connection and in the Truemobile utility, it says that the key is absent. This only happens sometimes, but it gets very annoying because I need to reset my router and then everything works properly after that.

I am using WPA, TPIK encryption. I downloaded the XP fix for the WPA (KB826942) already. I have tried changing channels as well but that hasn't done anything. My connection to the router is excellent and I'm only about 15 feet away from it. Power savings for the wireless card are disabled as well. I have also tried reinstalling my network card drivers and the router's firmware but hasn't solved this.

Does anybody know what could be doing this? Under normal usage, it runs fine for extended periods of time. But once I log into another account, 80% of the time it'll say that my key is absent.

Here is a screenshot of the Truemobile utility when the key is absent (Look under Security):

truemobile.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Back