WTB: 2x1GB DDR2 533MHz

Filburt

Weaksauce
Okay, so I know I'm a newbie here. I'm not-so-newbie on Rage3D (SuperModerator) so maybe some folks will probably recognise me from there. I have some feedback on head-fi.org and eBay but since I don't deal in hardware much I don't have a HeatWare account. Hopefully that won't be too much of a problem :)

Anyhow, grad school is making me impoverished, but this older desktop machine (Dell Dimension 8400) needs some RAM to really run properly for the stuff I need it for. If someone happens to have 2 1GB sticks of 533 they can part with that I can afford, that would be quite nice :D

Cheers

Also wanted to note it doesn't have to be some "extreme" premium brand RAM, though I'd prefer CAS4 (or 3?) rather than 5 :)

In case it's helpful, it seems many "value" level ram at 533MHz meets the Latency 4 requirement, so it should be fairly common. Unfortunately, this computer cannot adjust latency so I'm stuck with what the SPD gives, so 667MHz Latency 5 RAM will leave me at 5 since, apparently, SPD often won't lower the latency when lowering the clock speed (this Dell maxes out at 533MHz for RAM).

Back