WTB 8x PCI-e Video Card

azuros

Gawd
This is for a friend, but he wants one so here goes:

I need an 8x PCI-e video card that can handle running cod4. PM me with prices

Thanks

Heat Under Azuros

umm won't all pcie 16x cards run in 8x mode? I thought an 8x slot was the same as a 16x slot. I could be wrong.

Yeah - i'm pretty sure all PCI-E 16x will work in 8x - as many second PCI-E slots on motherboards are 8x i believe for SLI and XFire

So basically, he's just looking for a decent video card that will run CoD4

G'luck! I usually could help - but not atm.

Chris

Yeah - i'm pretty sure all PCI-E 16x will work in 8x - as many second PCI-E slots on motherboards are 8x i believe for SLI and XFire

So basically, he's just looking for a decent video card that will run CoD4

G'luck! I usually could help - but not atm.

Chris

Na, i think this is a dell board that has that plastic piece that prevents x16 cards. I think if all else fails he will break it out of there.

But, Yes they do make just pure x8 cards, they retail for a ton if you can find one, i was hoping someone would have one lying around.

umm won't all pcie 16x cards run in 8x mode? I thought an 8x slot was the same as a 16x slot. I could be wrong.

a 16X card will not fit into the slot, since the socket in the motherboard is shorter than a 16x. Only a board with a physical interface of 8X, 4x or 1x card will fit in the socket.

In certain dells, the full length slot is taken up by a DVI video adapter which converts the onboard VGA to DVI. It might look like a real video card, but it's only a converter. Ask your buddy if this is the case for his dell. If it is, he might be able to buy any PCIe video card.

a 16X card will not fit into the slot, since the socket in the motherboard is shorter than a 16x. Only a board with a physical interface of 8X, 4x or 1x card will fit in the socket.

Reall? Wow - never even heard of that - then good luck to the OP!

This sounds like the Poweredge SC420 Mod! There is a webpage for that mod, in fact I did it back in the day. Worked GREAT. Used a x600 in that "8x" slot after the mod.

Back