WTB: AMD FX-8000 or 9000 CPU, mATX case, cheap SATA SSD, 4GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM

Status
Not open for further replies.

compgeek89

Limp Gawd
Basically, looking for a few cheap parts for a "beater" rig!

1) An inexpensive PSU, preferably something you have laying around that can run an old TrueNAS type of rig. So need some power for HDDs, but nothing crazy.

2) Any of the "8 core" AMD FX variants. Primary consideration here is price, looking to spend as little as possible. (Then again, who isn't, right? :))

3) This one seems the most cost-prohibitive given shipping, but also interested in a cheap mATX case if you have one laying around

4) A cheap SATA SSD. Prefer 240GB(ish)+

5) 1x 4GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM

Heatware @ 1337compgeek

Thanks guys and gals

Last edited:
Define, "Cheap" to you. I have all these parts and would be happy to sell them, but often times people posting WTB threads have unrealistic expectations on what they're looking to spend.

Define, "Cheap" to you. I have all these parts and would be happy to sell them, but often times people posting WTB threads have unrealistic expectations on what they're looking to spend.

By "cheap" I mean I'm looking for stuff that should be old enough that people would have it laying around not being used and be willing to part with it for a sum that is somewhat lower than I would expect to pay on ebay, Amazon, etc. Essentially, helps them clean out old stuff and gets me an item I need to have a working system.

I'm not trying to pry anything out of anyone's hands! But I also am not asking for anyone to give anything away. I hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back