WTB: AMD mATX mainboard, larger hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trucker61

Gawd
Looking for an AMD AM2 mATX mainboard so I can resurrect a Compac Presario, I would really prefer an Asus board to replace the one that is in there (hopefully I could get lucky and everything would match up).

The board I am replacing is an Asus A8M2N-LA, it has a GeForce 6150 LE chipset, 4 DDR2 ram slots and an X2 4000 processor.

I am looking to upgrade my workstation graphics, (an ATI Firepro V3700) I do very little gaming (just an old 2000 game, unreal tournament) but am getting into Photoshop and autocad. So I need something newer that will let me play HD movies and those apps.

I am also looking for hard drives, preferably 2Tb but I would consider a 1.5 for the right price.

PM's work best, and bumps will be returned,

thanks!

Rob

heat

Last edited:
What chipset is your existing board? That is what's going to count most.

Sometimes those cases have proprietary front panel connectors that are designed specifically for the motherboard they come with. That's something to watch out for.

What chipset is your existing board? That is what's going to count most.

The board is an Asus A8M2N-LA, GeForce 6150 LE chipset, it has a 4000 X2 processor.

Sometimes those cases have proprietary front panel connectors that are designed specifically for the motherboard they come with. That's something to watch out for.

I already noticed that, it will be some work if I can't find an exact replacement. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back