WTB: AMD Phenom II x6

t5brick

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm looking for the 1090T or 1100T specifically, but any x6 would probably do the trick.

I just want to give my wife's gaming computer one last upgrade before we have to gut it and replace everything.

Last edited:
Bump, again.

Nobody is upgrading to an i5/i7 and parting out their old AMD setup?

Bump, again.

Nobody is upgrading to an i5/i7 and parting out their old AMD setup?
been there..done that..went back to an unlocked 960T..eh..there was a 1090T in between, but it didn't clock so good.

been there..done that..went back to an unlocked 960T..eh..there was a 1090T in between, but it didn't clock so good.

I'm not even concerned about overclocking. I just want something to throw in there that is faster than the Athlon II x4 640. Otherwise I'm looking at upgrading the CPU and motherboard, possibly the RAM and PSU as well.

Is that kind of language even allowed on a site like this???

he needs to make sure its a BE so he can show the wife the ease of overclocking :D

that said hold out for an 1100t but i've noticed them starting to command a premium. They should trade blows with a 2500k when overclocked. My old one is doing 4.2 as my hdtv gaming system and will be there for quite a while (i only even got rid of it due to getting a 150 dollar 2600k).

Is that kind of language even allowed on a site like this???

Hahaha.

he needs to make sure its a BE so he can show the wife the ease of overclocking :D

that said hold out for an 1100t but i've noticed them starting to command a premium. They should trade blows with a 2500k when overclocked. My old one is doing 4.2 as my hdtv gaming system and will be there for quite a while (i only even got rid of it due to getting a 150 dollar 2600k).

Honestly, I just don't want to deal with the heat and noise of an overclocked system. I've been around the block, so to say. If I'm going to start swapping out heatsinks and fans, I'm going to be replacing them with quieter units and lowering the CPU voltage (if possible) to make it easier to manage the heat.

What kind of price premium are the 1090T and 1100T chips asking? I saw them going for $200-250 on ebay when I checked. I figured I'd find something for cheaper on here. If I'm going to end up spending $250 on one, I may as well just go with one of the FX8150 chips and upgrade the mother board next when I have the cash.

You can also get a lower x6 chip and do a slight overclock and you wont have to mess with voltage. I have 2x 1055t's at 3.2 on stock voltage and they are perfectly stable as they crunch 24/7. You should be able to pick up a 1055t for 100 or less.

You can also get a lower x6 chip and do a slight overclock and you wont have to mess with voltage. I have 2x 1055t's at 3.2 on stock voltage and they are perfectly stable as they crunch 24/7. You should be able to pick up a 1055t for 100 or less.

Thanks!

I didn't build this computer, my wife actually bought the parts and built it herself. I'm not sure what the motherboard is capable of, overclocking wise. I'll have to do some reading.

how about a fx4100?

The motherboard I'm using isn't fully AM3+ compatible even with a beta BIOS. I've read that some functions of the newer chips aren't supported. If it were a newer motherboard, I'd probably pick up the FX8150, but I'm pretty sure the Phenom II x6 chips are faster anyway.

Thanks though.

I have a 1090t and have been considering switching to a 8120 or 8150. (Just kind of want to and I have a 990FX board.) I would be willing to sell it for $125 but I would have to order the other cpu first and install it before I could send off the 1090T. (Paypay only, no gifting.)

I know it is just a side grade for me but it is just something I wished I had done in the first place. What do you think?

I have a 1090t and have been considering switching to a 8120 or 8150. (Just kind of want to and I have a 990FX board.) I would be willing to sell it for $125 but I would have to order the other cpu first and install it before I could send off the 1090T. (Paypay only, no gifting.)

I know it is just a side grade for me but it is just something I wished I had done in the first place. What do you think?

YHPM

Back