WTB: Beginner DSLR setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonInKansas

Supreme [H]ardness
Found what I am looking for. Special thanks to buschman31 for his help.

Last edited:
I have a Nikon D40 with lens I never used with a Nikon bag and some other goodies. Perfect for the new DSLRer. I can give you specifics this evening if you are interested.

Saw that zealot. A good deal but I always like to see what the [H] crowd has first. :p

Thanks for the PMs, keep them coming. Please include an asking price if you can.

Just bought a refurbed SL1 from canon's website for ~$360, includes a FREE refurbed Canon A1400. Can't beat the price, can re-sell the A1400 on ebay or something and make back some of the money spent, or just have a point and shoot for a backup camera.

I bought a new Nikon D3300, they are around 1/2 launch price and havent been out a year.
Its outstanding, practically a high end DSLR but with many advanced features tucked into menus instead of having buttons.
Thats not to say it doesnt have a lot of buttons, its very featured, the rear LCD and eye viewer are very good too.
The auto and assisted features are perfect for beginners, it can be point&click, assisted or full manual.
24MP to boot.

I can upload a picture if interested?
(not in mine though, I'm keeping it :p)

Heres a 12MB 24MP picture taken at full auto in direct sunlight.
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/88187546/file.html

Last edited:
refurb d3300 (newer sensor) with kit zoom goes on sale for $400 regularly... thats probably your best bet

add a $200 nikkor 35mm f1.8 lens and you can prob get shots similar to the $1000+ pro setups

You should be able to get it new for about $400.
$ usually = £ for such purchases and I got mine for £340 including UK 20% tax.

Quite annoyed about the op ignoring my post btw, if you value help, great way to show it.

You should be able to get it new for about $400.
$ usually = £ for such purchases and I got mine for £340 including UK 20% tax.

Quite annoyed about the op ignoring my post btw, if you value help, great way to show it.

You're not helping if you're not offering a camera for sale. I appreciate the bump but I've seen the refurb deals and am looking for something with a few extras and an articulating LCD.

I have a Canon T3i. Have had it for about 7 months, mainly used for video, for reviews. Have a ton of accessories, in the original box, 32GB SD card, the perfect starter bundle, everything bought new. I even have a nice tri-pod.

I paid $750 for everything, looking to get $600 shipped. I know its a little over your budget, but then again this looks and works new, and is in the box :) heatware is in my sig.

I have a Canon T3i. Have had it for about 7 months, mainly used for video, for reviews. Have a ton of accessories, in the original box, 32GB SD card, the perfect starter bundle, everything bought new. I even have a nice tri-pod.

I paid $750 for everything, looking to get $600 shipped. I know its a little over your budget, but then again this looks and works new, and is in the box :) heatware is in my sig.

Oh wow, that's a great deal Marcam!

@DoninKansas: Marc is an awesome person to work with man. If he says it "looks and works new" you can be assured it does man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back