WTB: Best Tablet money can buy for around $100

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you looking to pay, and where is shipping to?

I have this 7" HTC, with optional pen, and want something bigger.
HTC Evo View 4G
http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/htc-evo-view-4g/4505-3126_7-34555254.html

LMK

Thank you for the offer - You made me realize that I wasn't clear enough regarding what features I might prefer on the tablet. And while I am generally speaking open to most styles and kinds of tablets, I am only interested in a larger, 10+" screen.

Regarding shipping, it is to Georgia, in case anyone else is wondering. Payment through Paypal

Hey man, just going to say that for $100 that Evo View is a damn good deal.

I don't know if you've ever owned a 10 inch or 7 inch tablet but I can personally say that using a 7 inch is more enjoyable in every way. Higher DPI, easier to carry size, and usually cheaper used than a 10 inch. Not to mention I find them just as usable with regards to media playback, surfing the web, general dickin around, etc compared to 10 inchers.

Just sayin...7 inch 1024x600 display, 1GB RAM, 32GB storage, 1.5ghz CPU, stylus, front and rear cameras...meh, it is your decision...Hell, at $100 I might buy it!

EDIT: Head over to XDA forums...they actually have Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean ROMs for the Evo View!

Hey man, just going to say that for $100 that Evo View is a damn good deal.

I don't know if you've ever owned a 10 inch or 7 inch tablet but I can personally say that using a 7 inch is more enjoyable in every way. Higher DPI, easier to carry size, and usually cheaper used than a 10 inch. Not to mention I find them just as usable with regards to media playback, surfing the web, general dickin around, etc compared to 10 inchers.

Just sayin...7 inch 1024x600 display, 1GB RAM, 32GB storage, 1.5ghz CPU, stylus, front and rear cameras...meh, it is your decision...Hell, at $100 I might buy it!

EDIT: Head over to XDA forums...they actually have Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean ROMs for the Evo View!

I appreciate the input on the tablet, and I will say that this is will be my first tablet when I buy one. That being said, I've got the HTC Evo 4G with a 4.3" screen, and I don't feel like 7" is large enough to justify owning it. I feel like I'd have to go to 10" at least in order to feel like I'm using something other than my cell.

I can SEE where you are coming from with that...but I don't feel that's the case. Why? Well, because it doesn't matter what size you use...in the end...its all the same Android. Trust me when I say that it gets to a point rather quickly where size matters less and less.

What tablet am I using currently? A Samsung Galaxy Note. It's not my cellphone, its purely for tablet use. To be honest, no 10 inch, 8 inch, or 7 inch tablet has ever been as enjoyable to use.

But again the choice is of course completely yours...I was just simply stating that for $100 the EVO View is a damn good deal and trust me...you want a 7 inch...the 10 inch tablets become cumbersome real quick.

PLUS for $100 the best you're going to do resolution wise with a 10 inch tablet will either be 1024x768 or 1024x600...which believe me, seriously, it sucks. I'm sure you are using a high resolution retina pixel density type display on whatever phone you are using now...now image dropping that to 320x240 and see how you can now no longer use or enjoy your cellphone as you once did. Text is blurrier and less detailed and games look like standard def Playstation 1 style.

Whew OK I'm done...sorry man...I'm totally thread crapping...just a bored geek on a geeky forum trying to prevent someone from making the same mistake they did! :p

I can SEE where you are coming from with that...but I don't feel that's the case. Why? Well, because it doesn't matter what size you use...in the end...its all the same Android. Trust me when I say that it gets to a point rather quickly where size matters less and less.

What tablet am I using currently? A Samsung Galaxy Note. It's not my cellphone, its purely for tablet use. To be honest, no 10 inch, 8 inch, or 7 inch tablet has ever been as enjoyable to use.

But again the choice is of course completely yours...I was just simply stating that for $100 the EVO View is a damn good deal and trust me...you want a 7 inch...the 10 inch tablets become cumbersome real quick.

PLUS for $100 the best you're going to do resolution wise with a 10 inch tablet will either be 1024x768 or 1024x600...which believe me, seriously, it sucks. I'm sure you are using a high resolution retina pixel density type display on whatever phone you are using now...now image dropping that to 320x240 and see how you can now no longer use or enjoy your cellphone as you once did. Text is blurrier and less detailed and games look like standard def Playstation 1 style.

Whew OK I'm done...sorry man...I'm totally thread crapping...just a bored geek on a geeky forum trying to prevent someone from making the same mistake they did! :p

Hehe its cool I appreciate the input.
And I know its a good price, the bargain-hunter in me wants to jump on it because of that. But whatever the end result on my side I just don't want something that small right now. But I appreciate it!

Fuu... Why do I even view threads like this? I didn't even have one for sale, or need one, but I see that EVO, and now gotta blow more money. Darnit you all!

Just throwing my 2 cents in but a 7 inch tablet is worlds better than the 10 inch models they are lighter weight, easier to carry and can easily be held in one had. I just picked up a Nexus 7 this week and the device is pretty damn nice. I've used a Galaxy Note which has a 5.3" screen and let me tell you while going from a 5.3" screen to a 7" screen doesn't sound like a lot trust me it's a huge difference.

I appreciate the input, I'm going to stick with what I'm looking for for the time being. Thx for the bump.

Thanks for the heads up. The reviews on that machine are pretttty marginally, I think I will keep looking.

I'm pretty sure that a 10"+ tablet for $100 doesn't exist that is worth a hoot. I'm pretty sure you're chasing your tail here. No offense, just a reality check.

I'm pretty sure that a 10"+ tablet for $100 doesn't exist that is worth a hoot. I'm pretty sure you're chasing your tail here. No offense, just a reality check.

Maybe. I'm getting to where I'd be willing to accept a smaller screen. Unfortunately the one on page 1 sold already so just still in the hunt for what is out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back