WTB: Cheap Laptop for college

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goose

Gawd
Hi, I'm looking to buy a relatively cheap, used laptop for my brother when he returns to college in late August (he spilled water/beer on his old one while it was on, a no-no). He doesn't need much, the old one had a Pentium 3 933mhz processor with either 256 or 512MB memory, with Windows XP. I suppose minimum requirements would be a similar, maybe somewhat inferior Pentium 3 with 256MB memory, and XP or Windows 2000, and a good-sized hard drive (30-40 gigs) for music and the occasional movie.

Absolute max he's willing to spend is $400, although he'd really like to keep it under $300. PM is the easiest way to contact me, I have a bit of heat under The Goose but I don't really think it matters. PM me offers, I've put this off for too long. I'm in the contiguous US.

edit: FOUND ONE

Look on eBay for IBM ThinkPad T23's. They are stock [email protected]. If you look around, you can find them with 512MB of PC133 memory and 60GB+ HDDs. I just sold one of these, so I know that they are ROCK SOLID laptops. The only reason I sold mine was because I needed the cash, otherwise I would've kept it.

I sold mine for $208, with lots of goodies so you should certainly be able to meet your budget requirement while still getting add-ons like wifi cards and a good DVD-ROM drive.

i just got a latitude c500 800mhz with 256 ram . i put a fresh copy of xp on it but it also has a windows 2000 sticker . very clean laptop , only down side is small hdd 9gb but i seen a brand new 60gb 5400 hdd for $40 . i would take $200 for mine .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back