WTB computer $150 shipped (don't need a case)

Wanting to put together a computer for my dad for christmas. Checking out some options on newegg and seeing what I could come up with here. Really wanting to spend only $100

I currently have an athlon 64 3000 (am2) and a sempron 3000 (754). I am willing to accept offers with a different cpu however.

I do need a case and power supply but I think I could get those dirt cheap from craigslist. I don't want to pay alot on shipping. I live in columbus ohio if you have anythign to offer.

He already has a monitor and a keyboard and mouse.

He will be doing some gaming.

Not willing to buy from someone who hasn't been on here for quite awhile, don't care how much heat you have.

I have a computer that I could probably send you for that. I wasn't really even considering selling it, so I'm not even positive about the specs since it's been sitting as my file server for a while, but I'm pretty sure:
Athlon XP 1.8ghz
Chaintech Motherboard Socket A I believe (whatever was before 939)
512MB DDR RAM
AGP ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
Creative Soundblaster Audio Card
CD Burner and DVD-Rom drive
80GB Western Digital 7200RPM HD

I know it's nothing too great, but it actually does run games decently. Could use some more RAM, but it would come with XP Pro installed.

EDIT: I've been here for a while, but I don't have a ton of Heat. it's under mZimm if you want to check it out.

I think it would be better for you to tell us what you need instead of what you have so we don't have to deduce what you might need. :D

I think it would be better for you to tell us what you need instead of what you have so we don't have to deduce what you might need. :D

pretty smple I need what I don't have for a basic desktop, I listed the cpu's I have but I am willing to accept a setup with a different cpu.

I've got a decent system I could sell you for $100 - I'm in cincinnati if it would be worth it for you to drive down. Otherwise it'd be $100 + the price of shipping.

Sempron 3000+
oem socket a board pulled from a compaq
512mb ddr ram
gf 6800 nu
120gb harddrive
cd burner

How about my custom pc i just built with xp pro sp2, 80gb hdd, 8x dvd, 1.8ghz skt 478, and 1gb of pc2100 with a 350w psu?

Compaq Evo 500 - $95
Desktop Case
P4 1.8Ghz
512MB Memory
40GB HD
16x DVD
onboard lan
onboard nic
Windows XP Pro
Office 2007 Pro

Back