WTB: FTP accessible NAS device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillbot

[H]F Junkie
Speed is unimportant, I just want something that has a decent amount of storage or a plain box I can toss a large HDD into and map to it via windows. I would prefer something that would power down the HDD over time but it's not that important. Most of all, it needs to be CHEAP! I will pay extra for one that supports two drives and mirroring though.

Please, no comments on how I can turn a PC into a home NAS or anything. I just want a dumb small footprint appliance I can toss into the closet with my router and forget.

Heat is under gillbot.

Last edited:
I use a Dlink DNS323, great little unit, quiet and cool.
Mines mounted to a rack under the stairs, along with the DSL modem and router

I use a Dlink DNS323, great little unit, quiet and cool.
Mines mounted to a rack under the stairs, along with the DSL modem and router

That's probably the unit I will end up getting from newegg. I was hoping I could find a cheap single drive tritton unit or similar to tide me over a bit though.

i have a silverstone NS312 NAS device that i could sell to you. It supports windows mapping. Take a look at silverstones website to get an understanding of it. Hows $110 shipped sound? It is NIB.

i have a silverstone NS312 NAS device that i could sell to you. It supports windows mapping. Take a look at silverstones website to get an understanding of it. Hows $110 shipped sound? It is NIB.

Thanks for the offer, I think i'm probably gonna pick a dlink unit up from newegg. I was just hoping to snag a cheap-o tritton unit or something to tide me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back