WTB: H80 - LGA2011 Stand off screws only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil22

2[H]4U
I RMA'd my old X79 motherboard, but I forgot to take out the LGA 2011 stand off screws, so I will probably not see them again. If anyone is using an H80 on a non-X79 motherboard, the LGA2011 screws would probably be useless to you and I really need them. Just the four LGA2011 stand off screws, they're the ones that are short on one side, and long on the other not the ones that are long on both sides. I will pay $10 through paypal but I need them shipped 3-day shipping at most, I'm in Louisiana, US.

Here's a picture of the H80 accessories:

h80accessories575pxhjh.jpg

I need just those four bottom screws/stand offs.

Last edited:
have you tried emailing their customer support team? I had that happen to me and I emailed them and they sent me a whole mounting kit.

good luck on your search.

Bump for you...if I can find my box, I know I have those .....

have you tried emailing their customer support team? I had that happen to me and I emailed them and they sent me a whole mounting kit.

good luck on your search.

Yea, I did, and they are sending me a new mounting kit, but it won't be here till next monday (I chose ground shipping because it was free, if I had known it'd be a week+ I'd have ponied up for 3 day), and my new x79 motherboard should be here this wednesday/thursday, so I kinda didn't want to wait.

Last edited:
A while back, I sent out a motherboard with the backplate for my H50 stuck to it. So while I had all the top mounting hardware, it had nothing to screw into. I went out to Lowe's, bought 4 bolts (I don't remember the size), some nuts, washer's, and insulting washers. With insulating washers sandwiched between everything, I put the bolts through the bottom of the motherboard, so they were sticking up, secured them in with more insulating washers and nuts, and put the top of the H50 down on the bolts, with a final round of nuts holding it down. I'm really bad at describing things, so here's a quick MS Paint drawing to help explain what I'm trying to describe.
jGmEn.jpg

It worked really well, and held me over for the week and a half it took to get my backplate back. Don't see why it wouldn't work as well in your situation as a temporary hold-over, and costs like $3 total.

I don't think an X79 has holes through the motherboard (at least my GA-X79-UD5 didn't), it just had 4 spots on top of the mobo around the cpu socket to screw into. I would need stand offs (double sided screws), which would have to be the right size at least, if not the right length as well. I'm not much of a hardware or DIY type of guy, so I wouldn't know a way to cobble something together to substitute, and I'd be afraid of screwing something up. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Crosshairs, I'm interested in hearing whether you found yours or not.

Edit: Ordered the mounting kit off corsair.com, so no longer in need of the screws, closing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back