WTB: i7-2600k 5.0gHz with 1.4V Vcore (on Air)

Stereodude

2[H]4U
The i7-2600k that I have now is a bit of an overclocking dud that won't run stable @ 4.5gHz with 1.4V doing x264 video compression in my GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 + Cooler Master Hyper Plus 212. Rather than buying multiple i7-2600k's from Microcenter one at a time, testing them all, keeping the fastest one, and selling the rest, I'd rather just pay a bit more up front and skip the hassle. So as the subject says I'm looking to buy a i7-2600k that will do at least 5.0gHz on air with a Vcore of 1.4V or less. I will want proof that the chip is 100% stable at those settings.

And, to give some price guidance since I hate nebulous WTB threads where you've got no idea what someone is willing to pay, I'm willing to pay up to $350'ish depending on what the chip can do at a max Vcore of 1.4V.

PM me or reply if you have such a chip you're willing to part with and what you want for it.

Edit: After doing a lot of digging and research it seems like what I'm after probably isn't possible though I thought I read that Intel estimated some small percentage of 2600k's could do 5.0gHz without any Vcore adjustments. I'll leave this here and see what happens, but it seems like even if 5.0gHz @ 1.4V is possible, nobody with one is going to give it up in the price range I'm after.

Last edited:
Back