WTB: Motherboard & CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

weuntouchable

[H]ard|Gawd
WTB: Parts for a Home Media Server
I'm looking to build a cheap home media server and mainly need a motherboard and cpu to start out. For the motherboard I'm looking for:

* Socket 775 or Socket AM3.
* Integrated graphics Preferred
* ATX, Micro ATX, or ITX Form Factor
* I am partial to the big tier vendors, so I would like something from Asus, Gigabyte, or MSI.
* A minimum of 4 SATA channels, and more would be ideal.
* I would prefer a DDR3 board because I have spare DDR3 laying around, but if the price is right a DDR2 board would work.

For the CPU I'm looking for:

Intel Socket 775

* E2xxx series
* E3xxx series
* E4xxx series
* E5xxx series
* E6xxx series
* E7xxx series

AMD Socket AM3

* Athlon II X2 Series
* Athlon II X3 Series
* Athlon II X4 Series
* Phenom II X2 Series
* Phenom II X3 Series
* Phenom II X4 Series

Please PM me with what you have and what price you are looking for shipped to zip code 54904. I am willing to buy just a motherboard or CPU first and adjust my needs list to reflect this. Payment will be through Non CC Paypal only.

Last edited:
I have an E8400 and Abit IP35Pro lying around. Not sure if you want the E8400 as it's not in your list but let me know if we can work something out. :)

I have a E7300 (or is it 7200)? In my thread for sale. Check it out and make me an offer.

what's your budget, I got a gigabyte am3 board with either a dual or quad cpu

$70 shipped for an IP35-E and a e5200. CPU is less than six months old. Motherboard is about 3 years old.

Only thing that doesn't work on the motherboard is the CPU fan header --- but you can make the system fan header work for CPU and set it up to alarm on system CPU header fail in BIOS - which is what I've done for the last six months or so before my upgrade to I7. I've not maxed out the clock on the e5200 because it was in a different OEM motherboard that didn't allow overclocking and i was using a q9300 in the Abit IP35-e overclocked to 3.0Ghz. When I upgraded to I7 - I put the q9300 in my HTPC, and am selling the IP35-e board and the former HTPC cpu (the e5200)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back