WTB: nice headphones

froke

Weaksauce
Looking for a modded xbox. I'm not sure on the specifics of xbox modding, so if you could provide links to mod-chips/bios hacks that you successfully completed, that would be awesome. I want it to be able to play movies/video files and be able to backed-up games from it's internal hard drive (atleast 80GB or so). Also, I'm not much of a fan of the original controllers so if you have a smaller, third-party controller or two then that's a plus as well. But i might just pick up my own controllers from gamestop. Let me know, thanks.

ALSO

I'm looking for a good pair of headphones for gaming and listening to music. I listen to all types of music so the headphones need to be versatile in that respect. I'm not looking for ear buds, especially used! I want something light weight and not extremely oversized. I want some that sound like you aren't listening to headphones. This means they really produce a huge sound stage and don't leave out any sounds. I'm a fan of sennheiser headphones especially.

If you aren't willing to sell/trade your headphones, what brand/model do you have and what do you think about them?

i have a set of grado sr-80s that i would sell for 65 shipped, bought brand new and used about a month, in immaculate condition. have a desktop cmoy i could sell also heh

I have some Ultrasone 550 Beatmasters. I bought them exactly for the same reasons you have. Gaming and music. For both of those categories you need some cans that have enough bass output. I assure you, these cans have awesome bass, even unamped. With an amp, the bass really pounds.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=759435&highlight=ultrasone

That's my for sale thread.

EDIT: I compare these to my Beyerdynamic DT 770 headphones...except the Ultrasones are easier to drive.

Free bump. I have Sennheiser HD580s with a ZU Mobius cable and an Audio Technica HA2 amp. They sound so sweet. IMO the soundstage on the HD595 ($220) is much more defined, and they sound more "alive" so they are best for rock music and gaming. If anyone has the 595s and would like to trade for my 580s and an amp, pm me :D

I have a set of Etymotic ER-4Ps that cost me 200 bucks. Needless to say, not selling them :). These are undoubtably the best earphones I've ever had, I don't know how I listened, lived, or beared through the noise and background pollution that's everywhere around here in the city/burbs.

Back