WTB: NVIDIA GeForce 5800 Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

erek

[H]F Junkie
I am interested in purchasing a working with original HSF NVIDIA GeForce 5800 Ultra [NV30] for approximately $40-50 + ship, but am willing to negotiate

good luck with that. I've been looking for one for years

how come you're interested too? i just really like the whole idea about it being rare and also a failed product. i think it's beautiful with all it's flaws... just like the voodoo 5 6000, which most are dead now due to idiots putting them in non-safe motherboards and the HiNT bridge blowing the whole works :(

i have heard than the GeForce 5800 Ultra's might be mostly dead cards now too.. thermal issues

,,,just an amazing looking card IMHO

lol I want to compare a 5800 ultra cooler to the one on my 290x :p

lol i can vouch for lavaheadache he knows his cards so well he can recognize them if he releases them back into the wild XD

good luck with the search

I had my old one two days ago and gave it to a friend for free. :/ doh

I have a 5950 Ultra that I would love to unload... but as has been said in the thread already, you only want a 5800. It was a 5800U, but then it died and when I RMA'ed it I got a free upgrade at the time.

If you want to play around with an FX 5900-grade part in a modern box, track down a Quadro FX 1300 on eBay. It's essentially a PCI Express Geforce FX 5900 with the memory bandwidth of a 5800 Ultra (DDR1 ftw), and can be found on eBay for about $10-$15 shipped.

Last edited:
If you want to play around with an FX 5900-grade part in a modern box, track down a Quadro FX 1300 on eBay. It's essentially a PCI Express Geforce FX 5900 with the memory bandwidth of a 5800 Ultra (DDR1 ftw), and can be found on eBay for about $10-$15 shipped.

i am only interested in the FX 5800 Ultra (codenamed NV30) because of it being a failed product i find it to be interesting

I have my dust buster 5800 Ultra in my closet inside a static bag collecting dust for the last 10 years. I've kept it because I know it will have some value to people like yourself, plus it was a flawed product somewhat and got a bad rap. I enjoyed gaming on it though. won't let it go for less then $200 bucks. :)

I have my dust buster 5800 Ultra in my closet inside a static bag collecting dust for the last 10 years. I've kept it because I know it will have some value to people like yourself, plus it was a flawed product somewhat and got a bad rap. I enjoyed gaming on it though. won't let it go for less then $200 bucks. :)

why so much?

do you guys have a special spot in your heart for the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5800 Ultra like i do? honestly, i love the looks of the reference design, and it's interesting that it was a complete failure...

i just find it to be endearing

NVIDIA_GeForce_FX_5800_Ultra_ES.jpg

I had one also. Review sample from nVidia back in the day. Wish i still had it. Pelt cooled and it was a beast.

gffx1_zpse3a0fda6.jpg

gffx_zps251aab9c.jpg

pelt_086_zps818adcf0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back