WTB or Possible Trade: CHEAP

cherrypik

Limp Gawd
I'm upgrading an older Sony Vaio RX-550 computer for my 4 year old daughter and I'm looking this processor:

P4 s478 2.4ghz 400mhz L2 512

Check out my FS link:
My For Sale AD

Just PM me!

Thanks!

Last edited:
do you just need the agp to display video or do you have requirements? What does your agp slot look like. does it have 2 notches or just 1? I have a handfull of crummy agp cards, no guarantee they still work, but I can send you one for some heat feedback if it/they suit your needs.

do you just need the agp to display video or do you have requirements? What does your agp slot look like. does it have 2 notches or just 1? I have a handfull of crummy agp cards, no guarantee they still work, but I can send you one for some heat feedback if it/they suit your needs.

It actually has a Asus p5b-Lx board but I can not upgrade to Asus bios. The PSU is 270watts.

I googled it, but I cannot find any specs on that board. Can you snag a picture of the agp slot? And again, do you have requirements for the video card? what are you doing with this particular machine?

I also have a 2.4ghz celeron 478. not quite the same, but it might hold you off if you cannot find the p4.

I had a family member with a very similar Sony Vaio and it took a 2.8ghz/400/512 P4 just fine along with a 9600XT and he uses it to play some slightly older NASCAR games just fine.

I got the P4 off of eBay for around $25 I think and the 9600XT from a member here pretty cheap.

The biggest and best upgrade to that machine though was ditching the old slow HD included in those machines with a $40 80gb WD IDE HD from NewEgg. Made the machine so much more responsive overall.

I have a P4 3ghz w/HT for $10 shipped if you think it will run it

I have 3 of the 2.4 P4s, a pair of 2.8's and a pair of 3.2 chips .. that reminds me, I gotta sell that stuff off.

I was going to post them in a **freebies** thread but you are welcome to any of them for little more than shipping cost.

Can u check if they are 400mhz fasb. I heard that this sony board only takes 400mhz chips.

I have an AIW 9600 right here. If you want to trade for the wireless pci card in your thread I'd do that.

Back