WTB: PCI video card (for the cost of shipping)

It's a video card that uses a pci slot instead an agp slot. thats the only difference.

The card should have at least 8mb ram and be able to display 1600x1200.

The card is not meant for doing much except for when I need to connect a monitor to the computer (for install/maintenance purpose).

I want the card for my server.
I will certainly hit ebay if I cannot find anything here, but I am hoping someone here has a card he/she would like to see put to better used.

Thanks guys.

I am currently looking for a PCI card that supports dual monitors so I can run triple monitor setup again while keeping SLI enabled on my 2x7900gts. I suspect there might be bandwidth issues on PCI though. I slapped in a Raedon 7200 PCI card to keep my dual monitor setup as a temporary solution.

I am currently looking for a PCI card that supports dual monitors so I can run triple monitor setup again while keeping SLI enabled on my 2x7900gts. I suspect there might be bandwidth issues on PCI though. I slapped in a Raedon 7200 PCI card to keep my dual monitor setup as a temporary solution.

I have never seen a dual DVI PCI video card.
Otherwise, there are plenty of VGA + DVI cards out there.

whats your zip? I might have one that I can give you, I'll have to check on the resolution though....

The card should have at least 8mb ram and be able to display 1600x1200.

The card is not meant for doing much except for when I need to connect a monitor to the computer (for install/maintenance purpose).

I want the card for my server.
I will certainly hit ebay if I cannot find anything here, but I am hoping someone here has a card he/she would like to see put to better used.

Thanks guys.

An 8MB card can't display 1600x1200 even in 8-bit mode. Maybe some OS can display 2-bit (black & white) or 4-bit, but I haven't tried.

If you want that resolution, you'll need 16MB or 32MB card.

An 8MB card can't display 1600x1200 even in 8-bit mode. Maybe some OS can display 2-bit (black & white) or 4-bit, but I haven't tried.

If you want that resolution, you'll need 16MB or 32MB card.

I know the rage XL 8mb can do 1600x1200.
The resolution is really not important at long as it can do 1024x768.

Also, a very low power PCI-e might do.

Back